• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heading to Prairie City

Rob D

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anybody going to PC today I'll be heading out there to see how my TnT stuff works out. My daughter will probably be trying out her stock WJ a little too.

I made it out there, but wasn't there for all that long. Saw quite a few XJ's out there, but nobody that I recognized. I did manage to attempt most of the rock gardens which was pretty fun. I tried 3 of the 4 hills in the obstacle course area where they have the cement culverts on a couple of them. The left one was easy (not the dirt hill area), got denied on the steps with the large rocks in with the steps, didn't even think about trying the one with the large culverts but made the one on the far right, Big Bend I think was the name. I also made the steps that are down through the lower gate from the obstacle course area after watching a Wrangler get denied on the second set of steps from the bottom. :D

So, in short, I managed to test the articulation out pretty well, took some more paint off my diff's and axle tubes and even managed to test out the structural integrity of my belly pan. It passed the test with nothing more than some missing paint. The heep even managed the drive to and from, with a detour up to my daughter's place in Natomas, with no issues. So all in all, a pretty good day.

haha, should have stopped by. I live in Natomas.

Glad everything worked out well. I learned that you can change the tranny mount with the newer style TNT pan installed. Just removed the the T-case skid and there was just enough room.

rob thats awesome. I wish I could have made it.

haha, should have stopped by. I live in Natomas.

Glad everything worked out well. I learned that you can change the tranny mount with the newer style TNT pan installed. Just removed the the T-case skid and there was just enough room.

Good to know. Hopefully I'll remember this when it's time to replace mine. All though, at my age I'm just happy to remember what I had for breakfast. :D

rob thats awesome. I wish I could have made it.
Yeah, having a couple of other rigs to follow around would have been fun. Other than a couple of truggies and a nicely built Toyota on old school MTR's, there weren't many built rigs to even watch to see lines through the obstacles. Maybe I'll be able to get out there when some NAXJA people head out next time though. :dunno:

Back