• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HDoffroad unibody stiffener write up (with lots o pics)

How hard are these to weld?
Do you need a pretty heavy duty unit to install these?

I've got soo many creaks its driving me crazy.

I think the hardest part is the fillet next to the floor.
It looks like HD stiffiners don't come as high on the side as TNT's.
That is a good thing because it allows for a better angle at the side fillet.

110v machine will do.

Don't you just love the sounds of flex!

If you get them, your OME's will work harder.

I am working on installing a set of Brian's this week. I started the other day and it was real windy. I decided to quit when my shirt was in flames and about half of my chest is now hairless. I don't have it all the way welded on yet, but can already tell the diffrence. It is a great product.

I am working on installing a set of Brian's this week. I started the other day and it was real windy. I decided to quit when my shirt was in flames and about half of my chest is now hairless. I don't have it all the way welded on yet, but can already tell the diffrence. It is a great product.

LMAO ... Way to go Jess... glad your ok. I'll be starting mine this weekend. Can't wait.

post up some pics on here when you guys are done! i plan on continuing this thread when the front and rear stiffeners happen

holy plug welds batman!

I got mine in I want to say about 3-4 days, very quick. When fedex arrived they only had one of the stiffners (the other one got "lost" somewhere in transit), I e-mailed Brian and he had the other one out the next day. Awesome customer service and super quick shipping.

If you think there are too many plug weld holes, just dont weld them all...

Its not 100% required to weld EVERY hole... :cheers:

Nice write up :thumbsup:

yeah mine came 3-4 days as well... a lot faster than i was expecting, it was a nice surprise.

i suppose you dont have to weld them all, but then there are little holes all over. it really wasnt a big deal, and i am sure that it is more secure because of it. it just took more time

Thanks for the write up we have been complating droping the number of welds, there are a bunch to weld that is for sure.

We should have front and rear stiffeners out real soon.
I think the number of holes you have is correct. For the best strength they should all be welded. Fewer holes on a rig that already flexes alot might pull out of the frame side rails. Looks like a well engineered product.

looks like a *HD* engineered product. :D

Thanks for the write up we have been complating droping the number of welds, there are a bunch to weld that is for sure.

We should have front and rear stiffeners out real soon.

Would you be willing to make a pair out of 3/16 steel with less holes???
If so,, PM me for pricing.
OH, and when u come out with the front & rear stiffeners,, put me on the list of notification when there ready for sale!!!!!!!!!

Im gonna go take some pics of your shackle re-locators that i put on a few months ago........!!

I got mine already, they came in super fast. I installed the driver side in around 4 hours. The passenger side is cleaned and primed, I plan to weld it tonight.

I can already tell a difference with just the driver side installed. The truck feels more solid, the squeaks have been eliminated. My back seat used to squeak and back hatch area, since doing the driver side I haven't heard anything, and I was hitting every bump and crack I could find.

I got mine already, they came in super fast. I installed the driver side in around 4 hours. The passenger side is cleaned and primed, I plan to weld it tonight.

I can already tell a difference with just the driver side installed. The truck feels more solid, the squeaks have been eliminated. My back seat used to squeak and back hatch area, since doing the driver side I haven't heard anything, and I was hitting every bump and crack I could find.

it really does make an amazing difference. i got done with my front stiffeners as well, and it just added to the improvement. those were homemade though

Back