• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD 231 Shift Linkage (Auto Trans) from Boostwerks!

How is our kit better than the competition?

The simple answer:

- Laser cut and zinc plated tabs
- genuine FK rod ends
- 316L SS all-thread
- high quality hardware
- full-color instructions
- specific kit's for Auto and Man trans, 242 TC..etc

(Shown: 231 Auto Trans with addn'l shifter extension hardware)
IMG_1983.JPG

So had a buddy tell me that with this style of shift linkage, you have to use a bit more force to shift. He said the factory linkage was meant to give more throw/force to be easier to shift. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So had a buddy tell me that with this style of shift linkage, you have to use a bit more force to shift. He said the factory linkage was meant to give more throw/force to be easier to shift. Is this true?

I just swapped mine out and it seems to be about the same for me. When I was initially setting it up, the angles weren't starting at perpendicular and it did seem to take more force. Once I adjusted it to be right angles, it smoothed up and takes very little effort to shift but I can actually feel it engaging now.

It's all about leverage. Most will say that it feels like stock, but is simply more positive and direct in it's engagement. Unlike the factory linkage BS, there is nothing that can bend or be forced out of alignment.

I installed done of these. Smoother and less effort than stock and works so much better and with the detent in the t case still get positive engagement.

Great piece

Rumor has it he had surgery scheduled this week. I would bet that is why you haven't heard back.

I'll be ordering a kit or 2 after payday.

I got mine in the mail about a week ago. Very beefy and well-engineered. Very high quality components.

I was thinking of fabbing up something myself, but this is higher quality, and saved me a lot of time and headache.

Best of luck to Boostwerks.

So, in need of one for AW4/np231 combo. And a second for AX-15/np242

Back