• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hazleton PA and illegals

Fine - if they "only want to work," then they can come here LEGALLY and do so. I don't care what they want - if they didn't jump through the hoops, send them back.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Apart from that, a capital idea, and I hope it catches on! However, there does need to be (and probably is) an "out" for businesses and such - if an illegal shows false documentation, then the business acted in "good faith" and should not be molested - however, take identifying biometrics for the illegal involved, and he can NEVER come into the States again...

5-90

JetWrench said:
that statement is making my head hurt. "If it wasn't for my horse,....."

Um, last time I checked, "illegal people" were criminals! It's not an issue of semantics here - just a case of "cognitive dissonance."

What's so difficult to understand?

5-90

5-90 said:
Um, last time I checked, "illegal people" were criminals! It's not an issue of semantics here - just a case of "cognitive dissonance."

What's so difficult to understand?

5-90

That's actually what I meant- sorry for being too sparse with the wording...
"cognitive dissonance"- can't see the forest because you ARE the tree...
think they'll take the day off next year in Hazelton?

Just to play devil's advocate, if we run off all the illegal aliens, who's going to wait tables, clean restrooms and dump the garbage for us cushy americans. G_d forbid we should have to do it ourselves.

xjcrawlr said:
I could only wish!

Think how nice the 60, or the 10, or even I-17 would be without all the illegals!

Remember how little traffic there was a few weeks ago when they all boycotted going to work :) I'm guessing our population would drop more than 50%.

Would the problem be solved by not allowing them to collect gov't benefits of ANY kind? Wouldn't that cut down on the attraction of coming here?

jml1911a1 said:
Would the problem be solved by not allowing them to collect gov't benefits of ANY kind? Wouldn't that cut down on the attraction of coming here?

I'd like to see that myself, but we'll probably get some horseradish about "Discrimination against Latinos" or other such crap. Come on - just because MANY of them are Latino, doesn't mean ALL of them are Latino.

As far as the boycott we had earlier this Spring - I think we handled that badly. They should have been canned when they didn't show up - with advance warning, and "terminated with prejudice" (meaning it goes against you in other jobs as well.)

It's not "Discrimination against Latinos" - it's "Discrimination against Criminals" of whatever colour. As I'd said, many of them just happen to be Latino - but not all of them are.

5-90

I think one solution, even though it will be costly, is to jail illegals for 4-6 months when caught, before deporting them.

If someones real concern is feeding the folks back home, when they know that they run the risk of going 5 months and sending no money home the risk suddenly gets less worth taking. They do it legally or don't do it.

And if we cut down on the number coming over to work, that frees the BP to concentrate on the criminals that are still coming over.

Back