• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have Jeep Grown a Jungle Here, or What?

i think its a country, early middle 90s. HO motor. chryco rearend are my guesses. looks just like my moms but black and wooden

oh, and the wood is aftermarket. be it a dealer option, or a overlay kit..more guesses

-Tim

That would be cool.

But you guys are missing the golden lettering down through the pin stripes, indicating "Limited". And the fact I've stated that since the first post. :D

=============
Looks like an 85 or 86 to me..
=============

i truly doubt that. the grill is 8 slot, and the dash guages are all round, the little ones on the older years are circles but with flat bottoms.. the seatbelt in the rear also tell me its early nineties. as does the fascia. if he could find out what motor, i could tell him the year.

and the limited is a trim package, doesnt say antying about axles on those years or motor, or even tranny.
does the motor look like the one i posted or not?

I have a 86 limited and i dont have all that wood plus my head lights have an upper and a lower and mine has wood on the outside also so by the lights it has to be newer than the 80s probabley 90ish whats the mill inside and what does it have for a front axle have disconnect or vacum

rocklandxjer said:
REALLY!!!! HOW DO YOU KNOW!!!!

lol so what make you so certain about '90. my thoughts lead to that too.

and you realize you could just get the vin and take it to a dealer right??

you dont even need to take it to a dealer, post it here, the VIN will tell us the year.

tweakado said:
I have a 86 limited and i dont have all that wood plus my head lights have an upper and a lower and mine has wood on the outside also so by the lights it has to be newer than the 80s probabley 90ish whats the mill inside and what does it have for a front axle have disconnect or vacum

you have a cherokee wagoneer.

and i love them... lucky.

Limiteds were only available from 87-92 and 98-01 model years. The rear seatbelt buckles look like the newer red plastic style (which I think were introduced in 1995), but everything else about that XJ is exactly the same as my 90: the GM-style steering column, the little vent under the steering column, the eight slat grill. The power/comfort switch on the dash means that it's older than 1992, so it has to be an 87 to a 91.

My guess is a 1990, which would guarantee you a D35 rear axle, though a 1991 (and an 4.0HO) isn't ruled out.

I 'think' 89 or 90 was the first year for rear shoulder belts, so its at least that new. I would say its 91+ as well, which would give you the HO motor.

Mambeu said:
Limiteds were only available from 87-92 and 98-01 model years. The rear seatbelt buckles look like the newer red plastic style (which I think were introduced in 1995), but everything else about that XJ is exactly the same as my 90: the GM-style steering column, the little vent under the steering column, the eight slat grill. The power/comfort switch on the dash means that it's older than 1992, so it has to be an 87 to a 91.

My guess is a 1990, which would guarantee you a D35 rear axle, though a 1991 (and an 4.0HO) isn't ruled out.
Nice analysis!

But HKAKH quite biased disclosed the year, 1990, 4.0 + AW4. The question know is NP231 or NP242, and CAD or not?

NXJ said:
Nice analysis!

But HKAKH quite biased disclosed the year, 1990, 4.0 + AW4. The question know is NP231 or NP242, and CAD or not?

wait, so you knew the whole time, or is he local to you?

easy way to tell about the 231 or 242 is the pattern. the NP231's pattern is 2h--4h--N--4lo

Back