• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harness connector question

thanks dude, that's a good read.

So i crawled underneath the thing yesterday morning and there is no NSS, just that little tab sticking out the side. that sure would explain a whole helluva lot! LOL time for a junk yard run...

i swear, the amount of half assed repairs/"mods" this previous owner has done is un-freaking-believeable. This is seriously just the frosting on the cake. i spent a whole week in the garage fixing stuff he had done wrong. i thought i found it all. i just chocked up the whole cruise control thing not workign to a faulty controller and really never looked much into it seeings how it never sees long road trips. and the brake lights...i figured that the switch had gone bad, so i have just been using my rock lights. hilarious.

Who did you buy it from? Anyone on here, or a craigslist type deal?

The brake lights are on a separate switch, mounted to the pedal box, but the reverse lights definitely depend 100% on the NSS.

doh! i meant to say backup lights. damn time change lol

long story short, I had a 95 mustang for sale/trade on craigslist a litte over a year or so agoand traded it for the cherokee. dude posted a few times on xjsocal or something like that. Never posted on here though. anyways, it was one janky/half ass repair after another with this guy. Things were done very meticulously but absolutely wrong.

prime example was the vacuum canister. moved it from the bumper, made this nice custom bracket for the driver's side fender, routed all the tubing and hooked it up to...nothing. So my defroster didnt work, none of that. instead of hooking the line to the manifold by the throttle body, he hooked it to the canister and plugged the other end. then had the manifold hooked up to itself in two spots. granted it looked nice, trimmed up, zip ties etc....completely wrong. that was one of many things he had done that took me over a week to sort out.

i hear he already grenaded the freshly rebuilt 5 spd.....FML that stang was fast btw. i spent a lot of time getting it to light up the 315's thru 2 and a half gears. lol

Dumb question, does anyone know what size and thread pitch the bolts are that hold the NSS on? I found one on eGay but it doesnt come with fasteners...thanks!

I want to say they are a small metric size. Not sure exactly what though, checking...

edit: 91-93 catalog says part number 8350 3714, M8x1.25x30mm. I'd use one with a flanged head and/or buy a washer.

You should probably run an appropriately sized metric tap through the threads on the case before installing it just to clean out / chase the threads. Don't want that bolt breaking off on you.

Back