• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

harlan details

t-frady

NAXJA Forum User
We have a trip planned for April 7th through the 9th
just wondering about camping and trails
is it like gulches where u park ur tow rig and drive to a site or like ure where u drive ur tow to the site
I saw online its free admission is that true as well
Thanks
O BTW all are welcome to come with us

You should go to the NAXJA Events section of the forum and read up on the Cherokee Crawl.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69

You can read up on the current thread for 2012 and go and see all the past events. You will get a good idea of what all is available in Harlan.

It is a great place to ride as there is something for everyone there.

For parking, you can go to either Evarts or Putney and park your tow rigs and drive directly onto the trail system. Both have huge parking lots with plenty of room. Evarts will allow you to drive a non-registered rig on the streets into town to buy fuel. Putney campground is at the main trailhead. Gas is about 9 miles away in Harlan.

Last edited:
I stayed on the evarts side of black mountain orv. You can drive anything on the streets in evarts, and I do mean anything.

Back