• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Had good luck with OMIX-ADA parts?

b5blue

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered a new CPS for my 89 XJ finding one on eBay for 25.00 shipped. It's Omix-Ada brand and has a 5 year warranty. Other Omix-Ada parts have been nice quality so I figured I'd see how it does.
With most factory parts NLA/discontinued I'm trying to figure out the best aftermarket suppliers? NAPA has gone from 1st choice to hit and miss in recent years for both my 89 XJ and 70 Charger. Moog has been good even with some parts from Mexico but even they supplied a few wankers that I had to reject new at the counter after inspecting.

I avoid parts from Crown and OMIX-ADA (and their subsidiaries like Rugged Ridge) unless I can't find them from anywhere else.

For electronic parts my preference is either OEM (MOPAR) or Standard brand. rockauto.com carries both

OEM has been real hard to find for my 89. The stuff is just gone and NLA everywhere I look. I've a bunch of Standard parts used that are okay but I buy the top grade not economy.

I use to be an Autozone fan, now I barely use them except for supplies. I switched to Walmart oil and Dex III the last 2 years. I use Rock auto for a lot of parts unless they are heavy (shipping costs). I have had good luck with Autozone's top line alternators, IAC, decent luck with the gold batteries. I have had great luck with Murrey Thermostats from anybody, good luck with Standard TPS from Autozone and Rock auto on Renix. Nothing I have bought in 12 years for any of my jeeps has been OEM/dealer.

I night use Omix-ada for something like a fan shroud or front body part, otherwise I avoid then 100%. Used Dorman I think for some transmission QC fittings.

I tend to avoid Omix, and I had nothing but trouble with a Crown regulator. I also rebuild my own alternators and starters because there's no reason not to. I still buy a lot of parts from my local shop because I get a bulk discount, but I know what it goes for online when I call.

Sometimes local parts on the shelf are cheaper than online with shipping.

For electronic parts my preference is either OEM (MOPAR) or Standard brand. rockauto.com carries both

I find it tough to recommend Standard Motor Products (Standard) over other "parts store" parts, when they are made by the same company as GP Sorensen and BWD-- the most common "parts store" parts.

The only common replacement tune-up parts not supplied by them will come from A-Zone-- Wells Manufacturing is not a subsidiary of Standard Motor Products........ yet...

I also try to avoid omix for anything other than maybe oddball stuff like brake pedal pad or random plastic bits here and there. Never actual mechanical parts though really.

Omix and Crown are 2 different companies. I run a store selling mostly Crown stuff, and while there may be a handful of parts I skip and recommend others, a lot of their stuff IS OEM to Mopar, a lot is Spicer, Timken, Standard, Dorman, etc. A LOT of the companies buy and sell to one another, share manufacturers, etc.I can name a lot of parts I'd recommend all day long. I can also name name brand stuff from other companies that is good, and junk. Sad to say,you have to pick and choose from nearly everyone these days to find what works.

Omix and Crown are 2 different companies. I run a store selling mostly Crown stuff, and while there may be a handful of parts I skip and recommend others, a lot of their stuff IS OEM to Mopar, a lot is Spicer, Timken, Standard, Dorman, etc. A LOT of the companies buy and sell to one another, share manufacturers, etc.I can name a lot of parts I'd recommend all day long. I can also name name brand stuff from other companies that is good, and junk. Sad to say,you have to pick and choose from nearly everyone these days to find what works.

I agree, that has been my experience as well, and is one reason I refuse to pay dealer prices for most parts. I once bought a ford head lamp assy for half of what the junk yard wanted, from the local dealer. Whoda thunk?:eek:

Buying parts these days is "like a box of chocolates, never know what your gonna get."

Back