• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Had a blast...

GrimmJeeper said:
i have short arms on my rig and i flex out just fine.

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg
i remember that day...man im glad i didnt drive there

cds36 said:
Hey grimm did your fenders go in smoothly? im putting mine on this weekend
yea not too bad, its a pain lining up the holes to drill.... and DONT push hard with the drill, they crack easily. mine didnt quite line up perfect on the passenger side but it doesnt bother me too much, im not a glitter bitch :D make it easier on yourself and pull the complete front panel off right from the start.

Jump This said:
I went hunting rabbits once too...
?? crazy desert folk......

crazyjim said:
Oh see damnit, now you've all got me re-thinking things... If you had it to do over again what would you do?

Short arms with drop brackets are great. Plenty of people run them.

If I were to do it over again, I would reconsider going from the RE 4.5" Super Flex to their long arm upgrade. BUT, I'm also considering bumping up 2" to make it 7.25" to 7."

So, figure out your long term game-plan. For me, my XJ was my daily driver and planned on keeping it my daily. BUT now, it's a different story. Also, considering that I really would like to drive my rig on the streets more, I might have gone with the 3.5" or the 4.5" Super Ride kit. AND with AT's, not MT's.

I'm not sure if you get more flex out of the long arm kit or not. I'm sure someone around here has done the measurements.

E

EliasJ123 said:
Short arms with drop brackets are great. Plenty of people run them.

If I were to do it over again, I would reconsider going from the RE 4.5" Super Flex to their long arm upgrade. BUT, I'm also considering bumping up 2" to make it 7.25" to 7."

So, figure out your long term game-plan. For me, my XJ was my daily driver and planned on keeping it my daily. BUT now, it's a different story. Also, considering that I really would like to drive my rig on the streets more, I might have gone with the 3.5" or the 4.5" Super Ride kit. AND with AT's, not MT's.

I'm not sure if you get more flex out of the long arm kit or not. I'm sure someone around here has done the measurements.

E
Well after quite a bit of deliberation and thinking... since I DO drive mine on the street relatively often, I'm going to go with the Full Traction 6" Long Arm lift :D

crazyjim said:
Well after quite a bit of deliberation and thinking... since I DO drive mine on the street relatively often, I'm going to go with the Full Traction 6" Long Arm lift :D
So you don't care too much about rockcrawling/ground clearance? That's fine if you're into the fast stuff. I like both and I'm running DBs. If I ever do go long arm I'd look for something with more clearance since I love JV.

Like the T&T Y-link that I almost went with? I'm still kinda regretting not getting that one, but I wanted to get my stuff faster. Damn you impatience!!

aside from the clearance robbing longarms of the Full traction kit, it looks like a pretty decent kit. Anyone else in Socal have experience with it? I'm not asking because I'm considering it. Id rather go TNT but like to hear about the other kits and their overall impressions too.

silverslk said:
Oh, I love my long arm kit. I would do it again for sure. Talk to Tony, he has run both and does the go fast stuff too. He has had his XJ longer so he should give better feedback.

AGREED with Andy, today I was out at the hammers with Rick (JUMP THIS ) and he was haulin some serious a$$ with his short arms....however, I would also not trade out my long arms. I love them, they look bitchin, eventually I think i would kill my short arm mounts, and for crawling, and trailin, I definintely noticed better articulation.

And Billy was right, Buy Long arms, AND buy good shocks....today I finnally put my FOX shocks through their paces, and GEEEEESH was I impressed!

crazyjim said:

Jim, Rick Lee and Allan Lee had this in their JEEPSPEED race truck and they loved it....it is indeed a good kit. They did however veryu very frequently break their track bar reinforcement bar. Not the track bar itself, but the reinforcement bar.

tcm glx said:
AGREED with Andy, today I was out at the hammers with Rick (JUMP THIS ) and he was haulin some serious a$$ with his short arms....however, I would also not trade out my long arms. I love them, they look bitchin, eventually I think i would kill my short arm mounts, and for crawling, and trailin, I definintely noticed better articulation.

And Billy was right, Buy Long arms, AND buy good shocks....today I finnally put my FOX shocks through their paces, and GEEEEESH was I impressed!

Don't worry Tony, Rick will chime in soon saying how he wasn't going fast.

people know how fast I would go with my short arms... yeah, 65mph over the woops. I'm waiting to get out there and hit them hard with my midarm 3 link. just have to fix the front axle first... but the 75 I was doing down the wash in Truckhaven felt pretty good. I just ran out of sand and had to slow down, felt I could have gone way faster. Next trip to JV i'll wail on it hard. I think I'm going to redo the rear shock mounts a little and then leave my jeep alone for a while and just wheel it.

Rawbrown said:
people know how fast I would go with my short arms... yeah, 65mph over the woops. I'm waiting to get out there and hit them hard with my midarm 3 link. just have to fix the front axle first... but the 75 I was doing down the wash in Truckhaven felt pretty good. I just ran out of sand and had to slow down, felt I could have gone way faster. Next trip to JV i'll wail on it hard. I think I'm going to redo the rear shock mounts a little and then leave my jeep alone for a while and just wheel it.

She looked to be doing pretty good when I met you man. :roll: :thumbup:

Back