• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad Engineering Roof slider install

I would think you could add a snowboard rack pretty easy.

It wouldn't be too hard for someone to add a couple tabs that run from the rub rails to the gutter (something that fits in the gutter) and weld in place. You are correct this would make them very strong.

But say if I ordered one, would you be able to 'customize' it a tad and have the crossbars bend down so the outer tube would sit flush on the drip rails? Or would I have to cut and weld that myself for that mod. I wouldn't want tabs because I think those tubes stick out too far anyway. I'd want that tube literally laying on the side of the roof.

But say if I ordered one, would you be able to 'customize' it a tad and have the crossbars bend down so the outer tube would sit flush on the drip rails? Or would I have to cut and weld that myself for that mod. I wouldn't want tabs because I think those tubes stick out too far anyway. I'd want that tube literally laying on the side of the roof.

I'd be interested in something along these lines!

Tried to get video of them loving a tree today but the camera man (me) was not very good. I will get what I got up soon, the tree did eat the paint off of them......other than that no dammage to the roof of the xj.

Its just what I have been looking for, however like others have posted/expressed the side rails just don't seem right, and wondering if there would be an option to have the top cross bars round?

Its just what I have been looking for, however like others have posted/expressed the side rails just don't seem right, and wondering if there would be an option to have the top cross bars round?

Not sure what is "not Right" about the side rails, they look great in person. I am adding an option to have the ends capped.

As far as round vs square for the cross bars, they will remain square, makes it much easier to mount things to them.

quite the opposite, i would like to see the side bars square. i think it would better match the squarish body style of the XJ.

The main reason that I suggested that the cross bars be round is that round is stronger/lighter than a square tube. Look at how the load impact of being leaned into a tree or rock, it would act like a column in a building.

I agree with the H.D. Offroad Engineering for leaving the square to mount things to, but leave the rub rail round, less likely to catch on stuff, and ties into a cage much much better.

Back