• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gutted Cat

boise49ers said:
If this is all true, Please post up picks and specs of your Rig.
It has to be bad ass.
Here's ours !

[URL="http://myweb.cableone.net/cherokeexj/"]http://myweb.cableone.net/cherokeexj/[/URL]

Nice looking Jeeps. Mine is nothing special, lifted about 4" with bastard packs and beat all to shit. Bought it for a song from a friend who had some 3" lift on it, and wheeled it like it was on Rockwells. I actually just finished getting it together enough from it's rebuild to test drive it and flex it on Sunday. Should be getting some pics up in the next few days. I went without a trail rig for about 10 years so I'm looking forward to this one. There's a bunch of pics of my other junk on my page, which I think is listed in my profile...no reason to clutter up this thread with unrelated pics.

No linky H-H. I gots gears betwixt the ears and wanna see. PM a link to me if you like.

C-K88, I like the note your exhaust has now. I'm around equipment all day, the only thing I like better is...quiet. LOL

TIA, Mike

Hypoid said:
No linky H-H. I gots gears betwixt the ears and wanna see. PM a link to me if you like.

C-K88, I like the note your exhaust has now. I'm around equipment all day, the only thing I like better is...quiet. LOL

TIA, Mike

Whoops, sorry, added a link to MySpace page...yeah I know, but it's 2007, everyone has MySpace hahaha.

Thanks, Yes they are about 30 miles South of Boise in the Owyhee Mountain Range. Terry's Bumpers are sweet.
Our club took Peterson's Ultimate Adventure on those trails last year. They loved them.

Last edited:
Cherokeekid88 said:
Ok...... When i first heard about gutting our cat, i knew nothing about it other than how to do it and used references from my friends who run no cats/gutted cats and thought it might be a cheap cool way to add some more sound to my exhaust. I didnt realize all the negatives of gutting a cat, which is the reason why i posted this thread to lean more about it. The reason i brought all this up is because gutting a cat would cost me nothing.... Buying a new one and having it installed would..... As many of you recall, being in school and having a part time job sucks and when i have bills and gas as many of you have, its hard to throw out $150 for a new cat and installation when i could add another $100 and have a locker.

i remember what its like. and i remember not modding my vehicle at times because i didn't have the money for it.

boise49ers said:
Hey RedXJ did you post that video of 89XJ :loveu: meets :loveu: Larry in stall #2 video.

he put it out there for everyone to hear, i gave my opinion.

why are you attacking me?

redxj90 said:
Yuk? what are you talking about buddy? I don't think you know what a good sounding exhaust sounds like then.

sure i do, and that doesnt sound good to me. you put it out there and that is what i thought of it.

89xj, probably because he is my son. Also the little camera he took that with didn't do the sound justice. it sounds nice. There is some rattle, but it is from where the pipes touch, not the cat. Not all motors have to be V-8s to sound good. I have heard some really good sounding 6 cylinders. Strokers really sound good. Even have heard good soundng 4 bangers, no not those rice fart can motors. That Jeep you heard he has put a ton of work into and has done it all himself so he may be a little touchy about it. He put a new motor in it last weekend, by himself.

Last edited:
Back