• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Its evidently a lot deeper than you are reading. The GCAs, BATFE letters, and many court decisions in regards to possession are relevant.

Its by the same principles and reason that "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" has become "the right to keep and bear arms that the government approves by people the government approves shall only be infringed upon when the government deems it appropriate."

Do i approve? No. Would i turn someone in for a violation? Like you, Not likely. Thank you for keeping your oath.

...quietly.

Love me some SteveT phunnay! :roflmao:

What's really ironic is that if folks were allowed to use oil filter suppressors legally, just think of the benefits it'd have for using them on public land shooting areas and private property shooting ranges. The complaints about litter and debris are manageable, but the noise issue is one that can't be mitigated...... well unless the noise were to be "suppressed"..... :rolleyes:.

Our L.E. shooting range is right next to the motocross track at I-70 and C470. 2 years ago, the folks with the big expensive houses that are built on the side of Green Mountain in 6th Ave Estates won a noise zoning battle and now we're not allowed to use the range at night after 10 pm. If we were to use suppressors......... I bet they'd not even know we were there.

Last edited:
I have a trust and stamps, anyone can use my suppressors in my presence. Just like i can go rent a machine gun or suppressor that isnt mine at a range without fear of reprisal....that is apparently unless time2getdirty is there.

Exactly! ........ maybe not the time2getdirty part though.... :gee: I will be getting my trust and stamps soon enough. Cant wait to get the 5.56 quieted down a bit :firedevil:firedevil

Drool. Very nice 1911

Ive been around guns since i was little but have never been too passionate about them....but i just did my first modification to a gun of mine.

It was my dads ruger 10/22 but he knew how much i liked shooting it growing up so he gave it to me when i moved out here. A couple years ago he was out here for my birthday and got me an archangel tactical stock but i never found time to mess with it.

I finally sat down this weekend and got it on the gun, I couldnt believe how simple this thing was to take apart and put back together. I know its just a little 22 but i think it looks pretty cool now, im excited to go plinking with it again!

23199027726_39cf579db4_c.jpg

I have an old one, made in '68, that is a real tack driver. Saving my pennies for a take down. Great little rifle.

Nice rifle Seth...... now I've got the itch..... lol.

Anyone else getting tempted to buy something before laws become more stringent?
I'm bidding on a century arms ak with magpul furniture as a... Last rifle "needed". Terrible that the recent events have the market hot right now. I went to a local shop and the background check was over 2 hours....on a Thursday.
Walmarts shelfs are overloaded with ammo for once....

Walked into a local gun shop two days ago and picked up two dpms oracles, magpul flip ups for both, and two magazines along with some ammo for like $1300. Not the best but certainly have seen worse.
No background check needed thanks to my CCP.

Acquiring a new daily carry gun has become a pain though.

time2getdirty, may I ask how? According to the CBI website:

If I have a Concealed Handgun Permit do I still have to get a background check to buy a firearm?

Yes. At this time, Colorado Concealed Handgun permits do not meet all the criteria to qualify for an exemption to the background check. That means even if you have a Colorado Concealed Handgun permit you must have a new background check every time you purchase a firearm. Out of state Concealed Handgun permit holders also need a background check to purchase a firearm in Colorado.

T2GD isn't talking CCL, he's talking he's an MP...

This is for me being a Wyoming resident with a Wyoming conceal carry permit.

A person in lawful possession of a concealed firearm permit issued by this state shall be exempt from a NICS check when purchasing a firearm.

Back