• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

Were should I go to get my rifles appraised?

Anyone know where to get a USFA Cowboy single action?

I understand they are not making any at the moment. I also heard the ruger vaquero is nice but I'd really like a USFA version of the colt .45 peacemaker

Re: GUNS & AMMO

I'd really like to see the entire gun buying world boycott them right out of existence. What a bunch of thieves.

I couldn't agree with you more. I am not sure what I am more taken back by...the fact that CTD is raping people like that, or the fact the obviously people are panic buying them at that amount.

for anybody in here that feels they REALLY need some 30rd pmags before they are gone, buy them at DSG for reasonable cost. DSG has been an amazing company throughout this and has not raised their prices. I will always give them first shot at my $$ going forward since they have been such a stand up company unlike CTD and others

http://dsgarms.com/Category/21_1/Magazines_and_Components.aspx

They had a holiday deal where they sold 10 non window for $100 and 10 windowed for $125.

I bought a few of those packs and they have been slowly trickling in. DSG is one of the few direct Magpul distributors and is a hub where many other retailers get their Magpul through.

If you already have a Magpul order with them, here is a great tracker somebdoy on ar15 built so you can get an idea of when your order will ship. From the order number I can tell my next order ships in about 200 order fullfillments which is likely only another shipment or two from magpul!

AR15 thread

Magpul mag order tracker

hit up Armslist for a FTF before you can't.

Thing that I don't understand, congress and the state legislature is going batshit over the aurora shooting but what we don't ever hear about is how their new gun control laws would have stopped this guy from getting weapons. Was he a felon before hand? Then how would the new laws have stopped him from getting guns?

It seems politicians have been replaced with the underpants gnomes.

First you make the laws to stop felons from getting guns, then the profit.

Thing that I don't understand, congress and the state legislature is going batshit over the aurora shooting but what we don't ever hear about is how their new gun control laws would have stopped this guy from getting weapons. Was he a felon before hand? Then how would the new laws have stopped him from getting guns?

It seems politicians have been replaced with the underpants gnomes.

First you make the laws to stop felons from getting guns, then the profit.

you're operating on the assumption that gun violence is the the target of the legislation -- it isn't, gun control and gun registry is the target. They have always been underpants gnomes.

I don't know what PMAGs are going for in your areas, but I have a few I can sell. I found some for a reasonable price (considering the hysteria), and ordered 70 all together. After distributing them to myself, family, and friends, here's what I have left:

15 left---.223/5.56 Magpul Pmag, 30 round, black, no window, Gen M2, new in pkg. $35/each or $30/each-with order of multiple mags.

8 left---.308/7.62x51 Magpul Pmag, 20 round, black, 20LR, new in pkg. $50/each, or $45 each-with order of multiple mags.

Prices include UPS Ground shipping, once payment has cleared Paypal.

(Cannot ship to NY,MA,CA,MD,NJ,HI,AK.) Please e-mail if you want any--

[email protected]

I always face an internal struggle when I see people taking advantage of the panic buying and gouging them. On one hand, I think it is ****ed up that you and companies like CTD take advantage of the situation like that. On the other hand, if people are willing to pay that much then I suppose it is really the demand that is driving the gouging.

It does seem a little short sighted that you would post a rape sell in a thread where we had just discussed how ****ed up CTD is for doing the same only a post or two earlier.

Oh well, in the end Joshdbrooks and CTD will be the ones with the last laugh all the way to the bank because of all the "suckers" that panicked and bought at three times the normal cost because they were afraid they may never be able to purchase again.

...we don't ever hear about is how their new gun control laws would have stopped this guy from getting weapons. ..

Thats exactly the point I have been trying to argue!! So the aurora theater he bought legally. Not clear on how additional laws would have changed that situation except that he wouldn't have had the 50 round drum that jammed so with 10 rnd mags that dodn't jam he woulda simply had been able to get more bullets off in the same amount of time.

The guy that set the fire and shot responder, had obtained th gun illegally, wouldn't have changed that one at all.

The school shooting, again, stolen gun...more gun laws wouldn't have changed it as it was not obtained through following laws.

When you work through the list I think the high majority of these shootings are with illegally obtained weapons. If I thought for one minute that increasing gun control would reduce violence I would consider it. That is why I am embarrassed for people who see this as a gun violence vs allowing people to have guns debate...it simply isn't. I wish we did not discuss gun violence when we discuss gun control because they are simply unrealted.

you're operating on the assumption that gun violence is the the target of the legislation

Nice!

I always face an internal struggle when I see people taking advantage of the panic buying and gouging them. On one hand, I think it is ****ed up that you and companies like CTD take advantage of the situation like that. On the other hand, if people are willing to pay that much then I suppose it is really the demand that is driving the gouging.

It does seem a little short sighted that you would post a rape sell in a thread where we had just discussed how ****ed up CTD is for doing the same only a post or two earlier.

Oh well, in the end Joshdbrooks and CTD will be the ones with the last laugh all the way to the bank because of all the "suckers" that panicked and bought at three times the normal cost because they were afraid they may never be able to purchase again.

Yep, supply and demand sucks. A guy I work with was at the gun show this weekend. He was one of the first hundred people in the door, and saw mags for $20 - $25 each. By the time he made a lap or two of the show, the prices were all marked up to $40 or more. And people were still buying.

I've paid what that guy is asking for pmags locally, but only because I didn't know better at the time. But the local shop I was buying at was simply selling them for set mark-up over what they could get them for themselves.

And for what it's worth, what CTD is asking for is truly theft by gouging. Big difference between $35 / mag and $100 / mag.

In the end, if people are willing to pay it, it is their demand that is making it happen so I agree.

I always think that same thing about protestors that are protesting something like logging (I am from the PNW). Really they should be protesting the demand...trying to detour the people purchasing the items that make the supply exist. The loggers themselves are only a product of the demand. Protesting the loggers actions means, even in success, that the demand is still there. Supply will always pop up somewhere if the demand exists.

So I suppose people shouldn't condemn CTD, it is the asshats paying $100 a pop. Either way, **** CTD, lol :laugh:

you're operating on the assumption that gun violence is the the target of the legislation -- it isn't, gun control and gun registry is the target. They have always been underpants gnomes.

Oh I fully understand that, I don't understand how the masses can't follow our logic.

Our nation contains, possibly, the stupidest population on earth. Notice how our gov does not support a quality education system and let's food companies poison us with chemicals. Basic plan set in motion decades ago, keep the population fat, dumb, sick and distracted and politicians can have their way with us. Sickening.

Last edited:
might be quote worthy there...made me chuckle out loud anyway (COL?)

You think CO population is bad, head over to Chicago. You wouldn't believe how bad it is there. People in IL as a whole have no problem with the government using the e toll system to track them. No problem with the Chicago PD harassing and stealing from citizens. That place is wack as ****.

And they don't even have the common decency for a reach around!
Too fat, arms aren't long enough....

rimshot.gif

I apologize if you thought I was trying to price gouge everyone. Wasn't at all my intention. I've seen them at CTD for $100, and can barely find them locally for $50/each. I happened to get a lot for $25, and $40 respective to the calibers. I sold them to the local forums that I'm on at the pricing I offered here. On local sales, I can generally meet in a location that is easy for the purchaser, as my job entails much travel. I've never bought a single mag at the old $12 prices, and even bought a few of the used GI mags, used for $20/each for myself before I found the Pmags. Considering the current climate, and the fact that I offered free shipping, I thought I was being fair to a board of people who share another similar interest of mine.

I haven't enjoyed paying .50/round for steel cased .223 myself right now, but have done it, because I don't want to be without. I retract my offer on this forum, and am sorry. It was deleted for being against the rules, but I did appreciate the PM from the person who deleted it, explaining to me why he did.

Thanks guys.

Back