• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gun review for concealed carry

Not trying to start a brand vs brand arguement, but of all of the striker fire pistols, the Ruger felt best in my hand. I have shot many other striker fire pistols, Glock, XD, XDM, etc, etc. Reliability and operation is virtually all the same, near as I can tell....they all will shoot a bullet that will kill. But the human factors and ergonomics are the biggest differences. For me the Ruger was best. The SR9C will probably become my CC choice, which will compliment my SOG, Benchmade, or whatever other flavor lands in my pocket that day!!!

:thumbup: Anything Closer than 15-20 feet or so (give or take depending on the speed of the aggressor), and a good blade will trump a handgun any day.

Yup Yup!! :D

Bottom line is... shoot what's comfortable. I used to be employed by a gun shop that did the CCW classes, also did pistol/rifle/carbine/shotgun yadda yadda classes. Most of us at the shop carried 1911 .45acp. I have a VERY custom Colt (lightweight commander model) for just this reason. I shoot it alot, its comfortable to carry, the .45acp is very comfortable to shoot and it'll knock'em in the dirt if I'm off my aim just a little. Anything smaller than a .38 special and you are banking on your accuracy. and what are you doing NOT carrying a knife? Thats standard man equipment. :spin1:
All this being said... if a .22 is what I had, and I shot it enough to be comfortable with it, I'd carry it.

Back