• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gun Rack?

HMGanja

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but didnt find anything. I was just wandering where some of you have mounted your guns(shotguns/rifles) inside the XJ. Pics would be nice too. :D I know the obvious place would be on the rear of the back seat but, my subbox will not allow that. Any input would be nice.

when im quail hunting we just stick our shot guns between the center console and the seats pointing down to the floor, but for permanent mounts idk.

Sorry cant help. Such things are illegal here in CA:eyes:

However I am curious to see if the mods will flip over this, as it is legal in some places and not in others.

Cabela's and such places sell a product that slips over your bucket seat and has a loop on the rear for your long gun to rest in. I believe they have versions with multiple loops for multiple firearms.
I don't know how it would affect passengers in the back seat, the only person I know who has one doesn't use the rear seat. His XJ is a farm vehicle and he uses a sheathed cable and lock to secure the rifles to the seat mounting bracket.

I usually just lay mine in the rear seat.

Just make sure that you have a way to lock the guns up when they are left in the vehicle.

Seen them mounted on the inside of the roof, two brackets side to side, muzzle forward.

I like the floor mounted rifle ones like the po-po's have.

put it in its case on the back seat. Why would you want to drive around flashing your guns to everybody? I think it should stay out of sight so it doesn't end up walking away!

put it in its case on the back seat. Why would you want to drive around flashing your guns to everybody? I think it should stay out of sight so it doesn't end up walking away!
Well I believe the same thing. Thats why I was asking. I just assumed:)D) that people had them mounted where you couldnt see them. But I guess there really isnt anywhere in the XJ to do this. Maybe somewhere on the roof could be done. Some pics would be awsome. Well thanks for the input anyways guys.:peace:

ive seen a roof mounted system, basically two upside U with straps to hold in the gun.

personally, got a three mount item that slides into the rear windows. have had them forever. redneck gun rack is what ive allways called it

looks like this

http://ezmountcorp.com/model505.html

Check out Bigsky Gun Racks. Like Joe, I run one of their roof mouted racks in my 67 GMC. I am not sure how well it would mount in the XJ but I have never had a gun come loose in nearly twenty years of bouncing around the mountains elk hunting in the old pickup.

Check all legal issues(city,county,state,and federal).Ive got 2 of these,one under the seat and one in the house,its one of the few that meet Calif liabilty laws!
http://www.vlineind.com/html/desk_mate.html

Oh that would be much more secure than the glove box when I leave the XD in the Jeep to run into places like Walmart or the bank. Any other time though its concealed and on my person. What did those run you?

Back