• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gun Certification is Beginning

They've been trying that shit every week for months...but they still don't have the backing to attach it to anything. Nobody wants a name on it.

Great, then we have nothing to worry about. You guys keep up with this topic (gun regulation) far more than I do, and I am inclined to agree with you on this one, that most do not want their name on it, but isn't that what this was about, that most would not directly have their name on it, instead it would magically show up too late on a huge finance funding bill in the fine print?

If you guys are not worried about the bill, then I am not.

That's alot more than 6 million (6,000,000).

He has been watching those government debt numbers climb on the score board for too long! Just remember, anything times zero is still zero! LOL.

It shows up on the gun forums every week, posted by some numbnuts n00b who thinks they're 'helping'. Sorry if I come across as bitter. ;)

Not a problem. I got it from a guy I do a lot of business with, and it was the first time he ever brought up gun control in the 15 years I have known him. So I posted it where I knew I could either get the real facts, or warn guys that would be outraged by it enough to try and stop it.

People get on an agenda and get ate up with it. You think better minds than mine have thought this thing through. Wrong, there is a whole litany of laws that were passed trying to correct the unforeseen consequences of the last law passed or the one before that, that was passed to correct the flaws of the one before that. It's called manic activity, with a good dose of arrogance tossed in.
I could probably sight a long list of examples, ran into one today. They passed a law discouraging building anything that interrupted the flow of rainwater into the earth, the ground water was becoming depleted. They actually taxed it. Then they encouraged everybody to build cisterns to catch runoff, to save using piped water for unnecessary tasks. They actually gave a tax rebate. Then they forbid the overflow from the cistern to be put back into the earth, because the sewers weren't self scouring from lack of water and imposed a $15,000 fine for non compliance. Sewer system and the water table were doing just fine until the intervention, had been acceptably plus or minus for a hundred years or more, with a few bumps.
Relevance is, you can try to control it at the source, or at the user, even at the waste outlet. Trying to bring millions of people into compliance with threats, taxes and fines seems like the poorest solution of all. Seems like a much greater chance for an unhappy outcome that way and a whole list of unforeseen consequences to pop up.
Governments seem incapable of learning from there past mistakes and the new batch always seems to think they know better than the last batch. They pass a whole new batch of laws to correct the last batches flaws. Where if the sons of batches just left things the heck alone, most citizens would find acceptable solutions for themselves.

Wanh wa wanh wanh wanh...wa wa wa wanh. Wanh wan wanh, wa wa wanh wanh.

the-great-pumpkin.jpg

If you think playing somebody else's game by their rules is the way to win. Or alienating people who basically agree with you. Go for it.
I log on and post nasty grams to my representative in Washington at regular intervals, but try not to let that limit my options.
There are many sides to any argument, for, against and sideways to name a few. Some people just get locked into bi polar scenarios. I try to avoid that trap and not to narrow my options any more than necessary.
I'm a lifetime NRA member, but even that doesn't mean I'm going to follow the party line with blind devotion.

Last edited:
Back