• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gulches Presidents Day Weekend?

XJfreakHO

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone planning to go...

A buddy and I are making the trip, well be in his YJ on 39's locked f/r...

Look for us, or plan a meet up?

393408_150855055027311_123289234450560_213343_1060003598_n.jpg

Right here. I was planning on making this thread tonight.

Ill be there around noon if I have to work. If im off ill be there early. Ill be in my trail junk with the wife and kids.

Is no one else coming?

I talked to Skip yesterday at the gas station. He said he expected about 1/3 the turnout as last year. I doubt the park is going to be over run this time.

Hopefully, it'll be a good weekend to take the kids out.

My Jeep is still down.

You got a week to get it back up. Slap some springs on it and lets go.

Coils are in. Still need to decied about the shocks and find the money for a set if I get new ones. Then I have to lower the rear.

Those would be nice. I need to do that myself.

I put a set of harnesses in the back seat for the kids last night. Ya gotta come so you can meet them.

I still have to tie my hydraulic lines up out of the way, reinstall the grille, rewire the headlights and attach the tool box in the back.

I need to trim a 1/2" off the bottom of all 4 doors so I can put them back on for this weekend. I don't wanna freeze.

We still need to tie the cage into the frame, add harnesses, attempt to get a traction bar on the rear, build a flat skid, and a few other things... and by we, I mostly mean my buddy Chris, since I am working over on dayshift tomorrow, and then back to nightshift on wednesday. So I will try to help a bit tomorrow, but otherwise my work consumes me.

In other news, picking up my rebuilt astro box ported and setup for hydro assist with ram and hoses tomorrow. Granted I am still missing the majority of my other parts for my yj build, but its a start, and a hell of a deal.

Ghost, would love to see your rig there, saw you breifly as you passed us on the main loop once, but otherwise we stayed busy and we never saw you again, we bumped into Loki when he shredded his u joint, had some mutual friends over there, missed lowrange last time too.

So really hoping to meet a few new folks.

Talked to Paul the other day, we will be riding with the BDB more than likely most of the trip, but will def take some time to ride with others too.

Loki arrived as we were attempting the same obstacle that claimed his shaft, moments before he attempted it, we also broke a shaft. (Rear d35 non c clip) so we hung out for a few minutes but then we went back to the parking area to swap the shaft, I would say we may have missed you by a few minutes. We returned about 2 hours later and got back up with Chris and Justin (big ass red xj on 38 Creepys) and the rest of thier crew.

Was a shame he drove all that way and got to wheel for about 20 seconds though.

Towrig + Tools and spares are a must for trips like Gulches.

We will have plenty of tools, supposedly a small air compressor and air tools, and hopefully minimal breakage.

I'll be driving over this time. I'm shooting for no breakage this time.

It's actually been a while since I broke anything. (Knocking on wood)

The good thing about Gulches is if it breaks I can get it out of the way and come back with the truck and trailer when I have time to retrieve it.

Water pump locked up 30 minutes after I got there. Threw the belt, spit coolant everywhere... Dad had fun.

The one time I drove it to Gulches instead of towing it I had to tow it home then go back and get dad and his Samurai.

Back