• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guitarists

I recently started playing. I bought a Fender Squier startup pack. It's ok, nothing fancy and it comes with amp, strings, etc. If your looking at electrics i would also check out the Gibsons......

I have 3 acoustics, one retired, the others, I play one upstairs in the house and one when im downstairs. But if i play out or at a open mic i use the washburn acoustic electric with a cut away.

I've had many over the years, but currently have:
===
1 Ibanez Classical
1 Fender Acoustic
been playing for 31 years...

I started playing the bass about 2 years ago when my friends wanted to start a band but had no bass player. My bass is amazing. It's a custom built Carvin LB75P with a straight through maple neck, rosewood fret board with no inlays,, a Koa body from Hawaii and a 18V Piezio pickup system so I can change the volume of individual strings. It sounds awesome and is rock solid. http://www.carvin.com/products/guitar.php?ItemNumber=LB75 you can look at the colors, mine isnt blue. Overall its the best 1235.49 dollars I have ever spent.

Two electrics:

- Ernie Ball / Music Man Steve Morse sig. model
- Jackson SL1 USA Soloist

Acoustic:
- 1968 Gibson B25 Natural

Amps:
- Ampeg VH140C combo
- 1975 Univox small combo
- Peavey Envoy 112

I used to be all into new gear and stuff, then once I got all the equipment I just mentioned, I haven't bought anything since (approx. 8 years).

Here's some stuff I've recorded (I have a home studio setup as well) to give you an idea of what kinda sounds I can get. These are all me and are all pretty much just first takes.

Metal...
http://www.phatserver.net/~chris/temp/xmasmetal.mp3

Rockabiliy-ish...
http://www.phatserver.net/~chris/temp/freewhiskey.mp3

Pop/rock/country/radio singleish...
http://www.phatserver.net/~chris/temp/redcavilier.mp3

Every now and then I'll think about selling one of the guitars, but I love them both and they're different enough that I always talk myself out of it.

this is my axe, ive been playing since the release date Nov. 7
Guitar%20Hero%20-%20gitar.jpg

this is my real guitar, which i dont know how to play
1111121559220_IM006630.JPG

all my stuff got jacked, so im still looking for a small amp and some lessons.

1 Ibanez
2 les pauls..

I just enjoy playing around when im home or bored

Sweet, i am looking into buying a Ibanez GSA 60. Gonna learn how to play, was at a friends house and learned a little part of something. fun to do hard and easy at the same time.

2 Strats: 1 pre CBS, 1 custom w floyd rose virbrato
2 Les Pauls: 1 from the custom shop, p90 pick ups, ebony fret board, all mahogany, cherry. 1 studio black, upgraded machine heads.
1 yamaha thin line acoustic
2 Marshall JCM 900 cabs with JCM 2000 heads
1 POD pro
1 Echo pro
1 Hush super C
1 Furman light switch
1 Korg Rack tuner

n6310842_2400563_7924.jpg

swbooking said:
2 Les Pauls: 1 from the custom shop, p90 pick ups, ebony fret board, all mahogany, cherry. 1 studio black, upgraded machine heads.
1 POD pro
1 Echo pro
1 Hush super C
1 Furman light switch
1 Korg Rack tuner

thats not a collection, thats a guitar-gasm on a wall. Jeesus!:guitar:

Ive got a '71 Strat in sunburst, all stock. a crappy junior acoustic, a '05 Peavey Raptor EXP and my pride and joy my '03 Epiphone SG Special. its my baby and spends its days laying in its stand, until I head out, when its stuffed behind the MJ's seat along with my cube amp.

take a 15w Peavey beginner amp and cram a 45w Marshall speaker into it along with the guts from the marshall. makes for one tiny asskicker.

Thanks for the kind words guys...
-Allen

swbooking said:
1 POD pro
1 Echo pro
1 Hush super C
1 Furman light switch
1 Korg Rack tuner

Nice freakin' strat! Hang onto that pre-CBS, hopefully you have insurance for it. What you need now is a 1960's Fender Bassman 4x10 amp with vibrato. I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it... :D

I've been playing for a long time and have gone through tons of gear over the years, but I've kept the special ones. I've got an '81 Tobacco Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Deluxe and an '85 Fender Jazz Bass. Both have custom wiring for phase switchability. I've got a 1989ish Fender "The Twin" 100w guitar amp, with a solid state pre-amp and tube outs. The clean channel is crisp to the top. I play my bass through a 1988 AMP BH420 400w Bass amp plugged into a 1988 Yorkville Sound 15" cabinet and biamped with a 2x8" homebuilt cabinet. I've kept this equipment because its versatile, portable and is perfect for both studio and live usage. Neither of which I do at all anymore...
:D

ive been plaing for 6 years now.

started on a mexican acoustic then my old punk rock neighbor gave me a legacy electric from the 70s played through an electric keyboard amp with a distortion pedal.

i then stepped up to pawn shop ibanez 6 string electric through a lil crate practice amp.

i saved up and studied for a while........

went to the jackson factory and custom made a custom neck thru reverse headstock with composite fretboard custom emg pickups that require me to carry a box of 9v batteries in my case or else ill be stranded, well i could go on theres alot of things to say about it....

i took an old class A tube PA system and tweaked and rebuilt alot of stuff and i know have the most amazing $20 amp ever. It drove two 4-12 cabs with ease and sounded amazing...

sounds 100000x better than my $2k mesa boogie trip rect any day.

i played in this band xdeathstarx for a while, hardcore was the genre.....
theyre all signed n stuff now.....im in the military........man i should have held out for another year! lol....

http://www.purevolume.com/xdeathstarx

guitar work was medoicre but i had a good time.

Back