• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Greg Smith Power door locks writeup PRE-1991

Re: Greg Smith Power door locks writeup

Post 141 above.

Awesome video!:clap: Greg

My 87 had slow power windows. Per post 44, I ran a 10 guage wire to the driver's kick panel. I spliced this into BOTH the purple and purple and white wires running into the door. Front and passenger windows rock, back are lots better. Guess I need to figure out how to "lube" these old babies.
Overall, a great improvement!! Working power door locks and windows. Life is good:cheers:

My 87 Laredo had "slow" power windows. The back windows barely moved.
Per post 44, I ran a 10 guage power wire to the driver's side kick panel.
I spliced into BOTH the purple and purple and white wires running into the door. Passenger and driver's door rock, backs are lot's better. I need to
figure out how to "lube" the back windows now to get them up to the speed of the front ones. Power windows and locks are working. Life is good:cheers:

Ok, I got it all wired up but now nothing happens. When I use the switch in the passenger door I hear the relays clicking but locks don't move, and the driver's door switch does nothing. what the...

I quadruple checked:roll: At first I tried some relays that I thought were right but they caused the fuse to the battery to pop so I switched them with the relays for the keyless entry (I don't have the key fobs)

I bet there is a fuse in the fuse block hat popped too that I need to change huh?! I'll have to check that tomorrow :)

Ok, did some testing. As far as I can tell I do have them hooked up right. I get 12.4 volts at the new power coming in to the relay. When I hit the switch I get 12.4 volts going to the door and 9.7 going under the carpet. but still now movement our sound from the locks. AND only the passenger door operates the relays, the drivers door still does nothing. ?????

I agree with cruiser54. Mine worked the first time, and they SLAM open and closed. Take it slow and follow the directions.

I'm still looking for some answers on a fix for a 94. I know there is a guide, but it doesnt fix my issue. passenger and rear switches dont work at all. Also rear locks and passenger lock are stiff and dont always lock. Driver side i think the motor may be shot, it doesnt lock at all. Any suggestions?

Back