• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goverment XJ

that is beat to hell..if it has anything to be had with goverment its beat...
ive been there and beat the hell out of everything.. also talkin to someone who stole his hemmt wrecker to pull his buddys Z71 out of a feild after he ripped out his rear end... shady-ops at its best...

hmm....i recalling doing something similar when i was at campbell.......but i was merely a spectator in that event...

or when you take a tmp 18pack van to a funeral detail on a friday and "stop by" tijuanna on the way back. :D

jayuu said:
dont governments usually run front and rear d44's? i know the mail jeeps around here do.

I'm pretty darn sure that there was never any XJ, government built or otherwise, that ever came with a D44 front end. I am very certain that all XJs ever built came with D30 front axles. They could have the rear 44 though. Although, there is a USGS government XJ on campus here at UMass and although it has full skids and a rear tire carrier, it still has the 35 rear end.

Although I was also assured by many people that my 96 XJ with 231 and no ABS should have 260 front axle joints, but it has 297s. And it should also have a 27 spline 8.25, but it's a 29. definitely a jeep thing.

mjma said:
I'm pretty darn sure that there was never any XJ, government built or otherwise, that ever came with a D44 front end.

Unless I'm smoking crack again, some South American-market export XJs came with them. There's a thread floating around on it somewhere...

Back