• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got to love Truck Dealerships!

So I've got to wait for some stoner to run into my nose? I hope I'm all boogery at the time.

That's what my kids tell me every time I "steal" their nose -- Dad, its full of boogs!:peace:

OK I guess I'll get in on this. As far are the smoking in Bars etc. I think this should be left solely up to the establishment. They take the risk of not attracting or attracting customers based on their discretion. If people are bothered that much by the smoke then they have the right to not patron that establishment, but that restaurant/Bar also will reap the benefits of the smokers who chose to go there so they can smoke. It cracks me up how many people are anti government control but want to tell smokers they can not smoke.

As far as the Pot situation, why not tax it. Put those funds into local schools. You know there will be killer sin taxes on it. Our education systems are in shambles, but we are worried about some guy getting high. The fact of the matter is people are going to get high no mater what but they have to face the consequences of their decisions. Alcohol is legal but if I go to work drunk I get fired. Companies do random breathalyzers and piss tests now.

As far are the smoking in Bars etc. I think this should be left solely up to the establishment. They take the risk of not attracting or attracting customers based on their discretion. If people are bothered that much by the smoke then they have the right to not patron that establishment, but that restaurant/Bar also will reap the benefits of the smokers who chose to go there so they can smoke. It cracks me up how many people are anti government control but want to tell smokers they can not smoke.

Exactly!!

As far as the Pot situation, why not tax it. Put those funds into local schools. You know there will be killer sin taxes on it. Our education systems are in shambles, but we are worried about some guy getting high. The fact of the matter is people are going to get high no mater what but they have to face the consequences of their decisions. Alcohol is legal but if I go to work drunk I get fired. Companies do random breathalyzers and piss tests now.

Again you are spot on! Tax dollars for the failing economy, laws to control it like alcohol and a reduction in crime!!

Yeah, I'd agree with leaving it up to the establishment about smoking. That's certainly reasonable.

Sin Tax? More tax is a sin if ya ask me....... Pot smokers will argue that ammunition is a sin, so why are THEY being singled out.......and the next thing ya know, we'll be paying through the nose for ammo purchases....... and if you let them specify higher tax on something that's a "sin" they'll be able to regulate the amount that can be sold and to whom it can be sold to....... We're damn near there already.

Sin Tax? More tax is a sin if ya ask me....... Pot smokers will argue that ammunition is a sin, so why are THEY being singled out.......and the next thing ya know, we'll be paying through the nose for ammo purchases....... and if you let them specify higher tax on something that's a "sin" they'll be able to regulate the amount that can be sold and to whom it can be sold to....... We're damn near there already.

werd. Stop feeding the government beast -- we don't need more taxes to fund more government, we need less government and therefore less taxes.:thumbup:

Yeah, I'd agree with leaving it up to the establishment about smoking. That's certainly reasonable.

You could say the same thing about cigarettes or Alcohol now. I heard they are even trying to put a tax on Soda and candy now to try to get people to buy less. THe way I feel about the tax is this. Once again it is my choice to smoke and I have the right to quite smoking if I do not like the tax! Which in the grant scheme of things helps the government save more money on health care. So as a smoke I am costing everybody else more tax dollars for future health care. Damn right I should have to pay the tax to make up for it

Back