• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got the lift on...really bad gear clash noise...

i did a TC drop on my 2000 and it brought my drive shaft pretty much back into the ball park of where it was suppose to be, i actually pulled mine out so far before the tc drop that it ripped that lil rubber boot so a tc drop should be a big help. ALSO a word of advice, with that tc drop your going to have to relocate your tc shift linkage. simply adjusting mine didnt fix my issue, i had to remove the mount on the driver side body and redrill the holes 3/4" lower and it has been working good since i did it, dont forget to get some sorta plugs to seal the old holes or u might have some water leakage in the rainy months =). hope this helps

im thinkin i might try this. what tcase/rearend do you have?

There was a TSB for the 97+ models because they had problems with vibes at "stock" height.While a t-case drop might work,didn't you just pay "good" money to lift it?I originally tried a H-n-T on my 2000,it didn't work for me and I ended up with a HD sye kit,its been flawless now for 10yrs.For the 242 t-case you only have 2 other options,a H-n-T kit or Tom Woods version.

did you not see the post above yours? if i can get away with a simpler and cheaper option than a hackntap+dshaft (because no one makes an actuall kit), i will try. thats why i posted this thread. stop bein a dbag.

He's right though. A t-case drop is a band-aid and should be treated as such. Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again! You're not gonna get away with cheaper in this case, you'll just end up doing a SYE in the end. I sure as hell don't want to drive my rig 2000 miles to Moab and get hung up on rocks because of my Crossmember! But what the hell do know, I'm never on NAXJA! :D

so much misinformation, disinformation, and just flat out wrong butthurt baww-ing in this thread...

thats funny, i see a late model in his pics. but you say late models never need a sye on a 'small?' 3.5" lift?

i rock early models, so i dont know 100% for sure, but everything ive read says later models can run into slip yoke issues at as low as 2" lift. that 3.5" may be as much as a 4".

as far as the OP, thats great that you dont want to do an sye and all, but you shouldve thought about that before you did a lift.

people say a lot of stupid shit. like saying you wont need a sye on a 3.5" lift kit, i suggest you find the guy who told you that, and thank him for spreading bad info, drop $700 a pm too, he's trying to spread the same info.
next time mention what year jeep you have, it does matter.
X2. I need an SYE on my 96 with 3.5". BTW, the slip yoke design changed from 95 to 96, not 96 to 97 with the body style. There is only one real plus to the newer design, which is that the TC output seal rides on the shaft not the yoke so if you bust your rear driveshaft you can limp home without it in 4wd without your TC puking all its fluid out.

yj yoke aint gonna help him as he has a 97+ with the diff tcase outputr to the op, your ujoints are prob binding up against the yokes so your gonna need a tcase drop or sye
X2, except the transfer case output changed 95-96 as I said above. Otherwise great info.

did you not see the post above yours? if i can get away with a simpler and cheaper option than a hackntap+dshaft (because no one makes an actuall kit), i will try. thats why i posted this thread. stop bein a dbag.
do the hack n tap and call it a day... and take a chill pill :spin1:

There was a TSB for the 97+ models because they had problems with vibes at "stock" height.While a t-case drop might work,didn't you just pay "good" money to lift it?I originally tried a H-n-T on my 2000,it didn't work for me and I ended up with a HD sye kit,its been flawless now for 10yrs.For the 242 t-case you only have 2 other options,a H-n-T kit or Tom Woods version.
96+ not 97+ had the problems as stated above. Yes I know this for a fact, I own one.

So what are you saying Ken, they changed it between 95 and 96? :dunno: :D

that is the plan. just gotta wait till payday.

i am having a hard time finding a sye kit for the 242 though

Tom Woods makes something for the NP242.

Back