• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got Orders: Going to Germany!

Djmack

NAXJA Forum User
So, i recently received some new orders to germany, I'll be there for a few years. I was really considering bringing my jeep out there, (Military vehicle shipping is free) Because my truck is to big and consumes to much fuel. Now, People have convinced me that my jeep will consume to much fuel at a €1,60/liter ≈ $8.00/gal, Thats just to much.

So, Looks like i'm just going to have to settle for buying an XJ over there with a 2.5L Turbo Diesel. It estimates roughly 35mpg.

So, With this being said, I won't be seeing yall at sierra fest anytime soon. I definitely had fun the last 2 years i went out there, made a few friends....... made it past gate keeper. lol

Make sure to go see Rammstein, at least once. haha.
Bring that TD XJ back when you are done!

Good luck Travis! Don't forget to take your food and clothes with you.:laugh3:

Good luck... is return shipping free too? Bring a 2.5L VM Motori diesel XJ back with you :wantyou:

Good luck Travis! Don't forget to take your food and clothes with you.:laugh3:

No food. I will be living the german high life with their delicious beer and food.

There is one thing though. I have the FSM and all the know how to work on my "American" jeep. Does anyone know of any place i can get decent information and "facts-sheets" about the euroXJ's?

People have convinced me that my jeep will consume to much fuel at a €1,60/liter ≈ $8.00/gal, Thats just to much.

AAFES Gas is based off of the US national average. You can purchase vouchers for ESSO (major german gas station) fuel on base at the national average rate.

Have fun, get out of the barracks. See the damn country not just the clubs.

4 years Hohenfels, Germany.

5 OUT OF 7 people I know in the military have served in Germeny. Good luck my friend! How much are you selling the CTD for? Or are you goin too?

:doh: I'm sure it's a damn inside joke. It's on my jeep now, so you should just go ahead and tell me. 5/7

AAFES Gas is based off of the US national average. You can purchase vouchers for ESSO (major german gas station) fuel on base at the national average rate.

Have fun, get out of the barracks. See the damn country not just the clubs.

4 years Hohenfels, Germany.

That's what i hear, about the gas. I have family spread all through germany, I have plans to visit all over. And my mom tells me to get out and visit the surrounding countries.. I think i'll take her advice. As for the barracks, According to Ramstein AFB's site, E-4+ with 3+ years live off base. We'll see.

OH, As for my CTD, I'm giving it to my dad for the 3 years i plan to be gone. I think i'll be sending the jeep with it back to texas.

So, the jeep made it to Germany and PASSED INSPECTION! I also bought a small BMW to putt around in for mpg's.
9ygu3e8u.jpg

Thats neat man. very cool.

Back