• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my AR almost built...

You would be surprised at how many people don't clean them at all.

Yea I've read that and people who just run them dry. You'll seen that with anything though. There's always someone who thinks they can run a car without ever doing an oil change and swear it's better off that way too.

Part of the fun is always bringing the gun home and tearing it down and cleaning it after shooting. I don't see how people will brag or want to seem proud about not cleaning their guns.

mine gets dropped in a bucket of used motor oil.

thats about all the maintenance an AK needs.

Looks nice, I normally don't post pics of the different stuff I own. (You know, black helicopters and all :D) But I'll share.

A custom 6.8 SPC 20". Not finished how I want, different butt stock and obviously better optics, that is a cheap red-dot I had laying around. It will get a Leupold Mark 4 (LR or ER)
IMG_0570.jpg

Colt HBAR
DSC01090.jpg

Bought it, didn't build it

DPMS Model A 15

The only thing I've done so far is get a Midwest Industries MCTAR-ERS rear sight so I could take the carry handle off.

IMG_0058.jpg

Well in all fairness, I bought my assembled upper. Did build the lower half though so I guess that counts.

My new long range Zombie gun.

Took it to the range today. First loads through it shot a sub inch group at 100 yards. I think I'll be happy.
537879ac.jpg

It now has a better Nikon 4-16 scope.
b2438124.jpg

Wow, you shot sub-MOA before you even put the Nikon on?

Technically I guess it was a hair over an inch.
611683f3.jpg

I put five or six rounds through it to zero the scope. Then shot this three shot group. It was the best one. Shot two more three shot groups. They were all a little more open, maybe 1.5-2 inch. I was a little rattled up though. The very first shot I tried to take, I had no clue how the recoil would be. I've never shot a semi-auto .308. Anyway, I squeeze, squeeze, squeeze and click... Nothing. So I open the bolt and there is no case on the end. Crap! So I pull the charging handle back and let it go again. The bolt slams half way closed and gets stuck! So I open it up and find that it did indeed chamber the first round but I guess I either rode the charging handle or I didn't pull it back all the way. So now I've got one chambered and stuck and one behind it.

Finally got them out and chambered another, not being gentle this time. Anyway my nerves were a little shot and I knew it would be a little hard to get a decent group of anything after that.

I was more impressed with this though...if I get to brag at all. :D
Shot with a .223 at 100 yds. Doesn't look all that impressive but...it was with a pistol :D
8513bbab.jpg

Real M1 Grande's? 30-06?

Mine, Redheep's and my fathers. We all went to the CMP and picked them out.
They're HRA service grades, all manufactured about the same time in 1955.

Mines the one in the middle that's the darkest, because I'm lazy and didn't clean the wood well, actually I just prefer the patina.

The ping makes me giggle.

Last edited:
e18ed907.jpg

Pulled pork, pre-smoke, from a few weeks ago. Food pron requirement on another board: picture one of your arms.

EDIT: might as well show the final product.....
3391ce12.jpg

Now just set it up on the hood of a clean XJ,...

Back