• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got me a new Trailer

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
Over the past couple of years I have been throwing around the idea of buying or building a Utility Trailer. I wanted to use it for camping and of course the occasional weekend warrior use as well. I wanted something not too big and definately not on those standard tiny trailer wheels.

Went to HH 2 weeks ago and I see this trailer sitting with a For Sale Sign. I pulled in and the sign said $500. I was tempted but right now that was out of my price range. The dude walked out and I asked how much. He said $300. I said i will be back next Saturday to pick it up :)

4'x6' - 16" Rims on what seem to be 31" tires. Sides are 24" high reinforced with a metal framing. It's a solid trailer and my guess is it weighs around 400 to 500 lbs. It tows great and I can't wait to get it readu for some campin'.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have a few plans in mind but I am open to suggestions :)

~Mark

wow it even matches your rig. good find for 300$.,
only suggestion is to use it!

Mark its been awhile, how goes it? Good score on the trailer, I've been thinking about buying one myself and doing this.
mudflaps21.jpg

My Buddy bought this down in California already built, but this is what I will probably do. He is taking his up to Alaska over the summer. He taking his brother who is graduating on a 3 month road trip, it sounds like fun.

trailer is more built than the rig ! wheeel the trailer. trailer rhymes with rail her.

Yes that's true Jon, he is not a hard-core wheeler, but there is nothing wrong with that. He has limited funds.

Yo Moose - I'm doing good :)

That is one hell of a built up trailer...... I don't plan on getting that aggressive.

Wish List:
Tail Gate that can be used as a cooking / prep surface
Stabilizers to keep the trailer level while cooking.
Some sort of lighting - maybe a small motorcycle battery hooked up to a couple of lights on the back and inside of the trailer.
Lantern pole to hang over the top back while I cook :)
Anchors for tying stuff down. Probably going to go over kill on them but what the hell right :) I am thinking a rail system on the inside of hte trailer and hooks on the outside.
Tool Box Mounted
Modify the hitch for something more stout and more nimble.

I think that's about it for now :) I am considering modding it up so I can sleep in it on occasion. It's plenty long enough.

i was just having fun. the trailer is very nice , i would buy that in a heart beat.

Back