• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got Gears?

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Trying to do a 2WD to 4WD conversion of an '88 MJ on a VERY slim (as in, ain't got no money) budget. Turns out I have multiple front axles, all in 3.07 gearing, and a couple of rear axles -- all in 3.54 gearing.

The truck is a 4-banger, so I'd prefer to stay with 3.54s. Has anyone not too far from me re-geared, and have a decent set of used 3.54 gears for a high pinion D30 they'd be willing to part with for not a whole lot of cash?

Failing that, I have a D35 MJ axle housing, with no shafts. Anyone have both shafts for a non-c-clip Dana 35?

I had a set of both HP D30 and C8.25 3.54:1 that a SEC member gave me (for a case of beer IIRC)... If I can find the 30 gears, they're yours for the shipping... (I can lay my hands on the 8.25 set)

I'm needing the shafts to run the Jeep just now... (are non-C MJ and XJ axleshafts the same length?)

Woody --

How much shipped to 06525?

Errr, I mean ... thanks, I'll be happy to pay shipping if you can dredge up the gears. AFAIK the shafts interchange between the MJ and the XJ. If not, Earle in RI is going to be unhappy if he breaks on the trail, because he has an XJ and he scavanged the shafts out of the MJ D35 axle I have before I got to it. He's carrying them around as trail spares.

Eagle said:
If not, Earle in RI is going to be unhappy if he breaks on the trail, because he has an XJ and he scavanged the shafts out of the MJ D35 axle I have before I got to it. He's carrying them around as trail spares.

i do belive he slapped in an 8.8 this year... maybe you can get your shafts back??

If nothing else I have some for the HP D30 3.55

XTrmXJ said:
If nothing else I have some for the HP D30 3.55

Eagle, you may want to take XTrmXJ up on his set... All I could find among my parts is the Mopar 8.25 set. I'll look around again, but since both sets were in similar (very conspicuous) boxes and together :dunno:

Depending on your time-frame... my red 88 Limited is getting both axle assemblies swapped out one of these months. At that point I'd have both the 35 non-C shafts and a set of the HP30 gears 'extra'

Back