• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got an MJ

Lynn

NAXJA Forum User
I got this truck from some friends of mine for the whopping sum of $200. It's an 89, auto, long bed, 164K, with a spacer/block lift and good 31 AT's. The plan for now is to just run it at Rausch Creek, see how much is wrong with it before I spend any money on it other than to keep it running. It needs an exhaust, it has rust on the rockers and wheel wells, and the heat doesn't work. It most likely will spend the rest of its life in 4 lo at the park, as a work truck hauling firewood, trash, patrol vehicle, etc. Should make for a happy truck!

DSC00068.JPG

Cool. The wheels alone are worth $200.

Lucky you :)

I coulda sold your old one back to you... I didn't know you were in the market for another one! Congratulations.

I didn't know I was interested myself til I heard this one was $200 :shocked: It was weird it ends up being the same color as my old one.

Thought it was the same color. Did your old one (mine) have the Pioneer decals before you had the body work done? Just curious. I've done further research to corroborate the 100,000th vehicle demarcation under the bed... according to production numbers from one of the Jeep history books I have, the 100,000th MJ would have been built in '87 so I'm really starting to think it it is true. I wonder if that makes it more of a collectors item?

I forgot about that one being the 100,000th. I don't think it had any decals when I got it. I was the second owner and it hadn't been repainted yet, so I'd say it came without any from the factory.

Back