• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GoPro folks... favorite mounting points?

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Finally got my GoPro. Wooo Hoooo. party1:

What are your favorite mounting points on the XJ?

I put one mount on the dash. In the morning, planning on one under my front bumper to get some film of the front suspention/steering working. I have the roll bar mount so I can put it on the front stinger, as well as my rock sliders. Might even try some shots mounted on my long arms.

What have you found work best to get some great shots. Going out tomorrow for some medium-go-fast and rock crawling.

Thanks!

I use mine on the front stinger or the windshield.
IMG_2997.jpg

photobucket-15999-1333910050052.jpg

Dont recommend this for crawling
photobucket-16916-1334880278106.jpg

Thanks! How is the perspective while watching the video while mounted on the stinger?

Using the suction cup mount, I've put mine on a couple of spots on the windshield of both my XJ and and one of which is the same on my 200 Touring as well as offset to one side of the hood depression on the center of the XJ's hood (can't remember which side at the moment, I think it was the right)......planning on at similar place on the 200 since the hood has a depression stamped into the same place.

One of the spots on my XJ is in the bottom left corner of the windshield since there is no blocking of my vision while driving.........unless I feel like looking at where the hood, fender, and cowl all meet at the base of the windshield at least :dunno:

Here's the video from that corner, since I'm on public roads, I am behaving myself here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAAdBrWhJdc

I've also hung it upside down from the windshield with the suction cup by the rear view mirror, which does block some the view through it on both the XJ and 200, but not too badly. Don't have any videos from my XJ, but this one if from my 200, also on a public road in Missouri...and yes I'm behaving myself, people just run that slow on some of those roads in that area, most of them are tourists like I was. My sister kept complaining about the other drivers (mostly in crossovers :rolleyes: ) lack of testicular fortitude on that road...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bienPmrAkA

I don't currently have any picture or videos of the camera mounted to the hood on line at the moment. I put the suction cup down with the hinge facing the gap between the hood and header and had the arm going over the header and hang the camera upside down in front of the grill. Planning on the same with the 200 eventually, next time I have it down in Branson, I want to do that on the Ozark Mountain High Road!

Another spot was to suction cup it to the right rear quarter panel after getting a Magnaflow put on it, but don't have a video of that on line either.

Back