• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodbye dana 35...hello 8.8

how do you know they are at the right angle/placement. whenever i am welding shock mounts i have the axle under the jeep and then just mount the shocks on the body and place the mounts wherever the shock happens to fall is at the best working angle.

my shock mounts are just a small peice of angle with a grade 8 bolt welded to it

if that made sense at all(been studying for finals all day)

i estimated from where my upper mounts are located (not stock since all 4 of the bolts snapped), and from how far the shocks hang down from the leaf spring mounts. Doesnt have to be perfect, just work. ill post up how it works whenever i get it installed.

here is a picture of my setup right after i got done with it

DSC02348.jpg

Looks good to me.

Hey, is it just me or are your shock mounts way too close to the center of the axle? They are much further in than a stock setup. I have mine shown below for reference:

BeasleyKnob08-2.jpg

Are you running wheel spacers on your 8.8? If so, which brand and how thick are they?

Nice XJ!

Not to hijack this build thread... but yes, I am running 1" wheel spacers that I bought from four wheel parts. They are off brand 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 conversion spacers because I am running a dana 44 up front from a J-10 pickup (with ford truck outers). The extra width also comes from 15x10 wheels and the 33x12.50 tires. Even with those spacers my front axle is a total of about 2 to 3 inches wider.

Back to the build... I found an easy way to hook up the e brake cables, so let me know if you are interested. All you need are the explorer cables, a threaded rod, and a e-brake bracket off a disk brake Grand Cherokee. Good luck with the swap!

thanks, i may wait to throw it in til i get my other front axle regeared. I dont know if ill be able to afford it next month, or have to wait til feb...im going wheeling at the end of January, so we'll see if i can get them both in. If not, ill just wait til after i get home from Land Between the Lakes.

Back