• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good u pull it yard in NJ eastern PA, southern NY area?

dfjeepster

NAXJA Forum User
I used to go to EZ Pull or Harry's out in PA but haven't been in a while. I'm planning on hitting up a yard soon mainly looking for a D30 front from a 4cyl XJ for 4.10s, an 8.8 Explorer rear and some random XJ parts. I can get most of the stuff at local yards but was hoping to find a good U Pull it yard that has a decent stock to choose from and better pricing. At EZ pull I've scored front ends for $50 and got a D300 for $35 but last I me I was there they didn't have any Explorers though that was probably 6 or 7 years ago. So does anyone have a good yard they use that has XJs and Explorers?

Theres brims recycling in cuddibackville in ny. They have alot of cars and stuff there. The place is huge. Dont know about prices though

You can try calling Blacey's in wrightstown/new egypt to see what they have in stock. Pretty close to six flags.

Be weary of the one on Route 46 in the Fairfield area (formerly GI Auto Salvage). It was half pick-n-pull and half requested parts from what I remember. The few times I went there they wanted ridiculous prices for the dumbest stuff, had a bad selection, and had the 'worthwhile' vehicles in a special fenced off area for whatever reason. This article says its full of Sandy damaged vehicles now.

http://montville.patch.com/groups/business-news/p/salvage-yard-filled-with-sandy-damaged-cars

Just trying to save you a potentially wasted trip. Not even sure if its still open to the public

prices have gone up at EZ...buddy of mine got a D30 a month or so ago, with all brake stuff it ended up being $130. I havent seen a 4.10 D30 there in a long time. It might be a drive for you, but Shorty & Daves in King of Prussia usually has a good selection of XJ's and explorers.

Went to I think it was Shorty's in Williamstown a couple years back. They had a $25 all you can pull and I scored an alternator, 99+ intake manifold, and some ZJ V8 coils. Not a bad yard. Don't know about now.

Im alittle sore with shortys we had a naxja sponsored event right after cash for clunkers. They promised us sweet deals then when we got there the jacked up the prices. I think it was shorties.

agreed..Shortys in williamstown always has xjs, and they havent been too ripped up, prices reasonable...i got a lot of stuff off the cash for clunkers rigs that ended up there after we tore em apart in PA
Rich

Thanks for the replies! So I should check out shortys in williamstown nj? Are they a u pull it? I found their website but it wasn't clear which yards were u pull it or not. It's about as far as EZ Pull is from me so its not too bad, about 100 miles...

Yeah they are a upullit..but their inventory turns over a lot..before you run that far is try to call and see what's there..ill be going soon if you want I can give you a heads up on what's there

Back