• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good deal on running mildly built xj

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
$5,000
75-80% tread on super swamper SSR radial tires, $1200 new
arb snokrel $460 new
TNT rock runner bumper $750 new
tmax 9k winch $550 new
skid row engine, tranny,and tcase skid .. total of $425
high lift jack mounted on rear bumper
alloy usa chromos, best warranty in industry, no question asked breakage warranty
8.8" rear
HP30 front
4.10s front and rear, open diffs (ready for lockers, be wary of the 8.8s with the LSD, you would have to re setup the gears and get new carrier for a lunchbox locker)
7-8" rubicon express lift
SYE, tom woods shaft
HD V8 durango steering box
JCR 1 ton steering
RARE 2 door with the 5 speed(bullet proof AX15) and 4.0L motor

4 wheels like a beast, doesnt need much to make it perfect on the road. needs new driveshaft for front, i know where you can get one for $25 though. needs new pitman arm, i have the part though. i also have the reamer to ream it out for the JCR but dont have a drill. theres a few this and thats but nothing is super bad. small exhaust leak, exhasut cut off after cat (sounds good) has no check engine light or anything, runs cool, smooth and gets decent gas mileage due to the gearing and manual transmission.

If i were to keep it I would do a few things (just so you have an idea of what could/should be done)
-First off I would ream out the pitman arm and adjust the drag so the steering is good. Pitman arm currently on it has screwed up splines. Steering box splines are fine.
-New front yoke and driveshaft. Camber is fine, and outer bearing and seals have been replaced, so it doesnt leak. I can get a new shaft for $25 (from a manual, kind of hard to find)
-New carpet. my brother made a piss poor attempt at doing his own, and in the process lost the a pillars and the one for the rear that hold up headliner.
-find seats for a 2 door. the seats in it are from a 4 door and dont go forward as much, this gets annoying for people riding in the back.
-make new bolts for the doors since they have the doorless mod, but i used threaded bolts and hte threads wore down so they sag a bit but not bad.
-new cleap $150 dynomax exhaust
-new horn (i think the fuse is just bad but the horns had water in it and doesnt sound good)
-hook up e brake cables
-cant thing of a whole lot else right now, doesnt need a lot just TLC

heres the build thread if interested.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=968921&highlight=xj+stage+build+thread

email if interested [email protected]

10434_1325147574286_1398781016_31702767_5580917_n.jpg

getting convicted of a DUI in janyuary, cant afford the insurance so i need it gone by then cuz i cant just cancel the insurance since i owe $3,500 on a loan on it unfortunately.

I'm interested, but unfortunately all I have is a 1997 S10 to trade, so I don't think you want to.

Im interested but have a few questions.
Theres no winch cable in the photo... does it come with one?
How had has it been wheeled, does it have rock rash bad?
can we get some more photos posted?

Back