• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gonna be a free man!

be the reasonable one and the judge will always see the truth of it all, document every time she tries to use your son as a manipulation tool and bring it up before the judge when you go to court for custody ( ask for as much custody as you could possibly handle and expect about 1/2 of that ) expect annual to semi annual visits with the judge over child support and alimony!!!! just keeping it real, you know my situation and as crappy as it is i am still 1000000X happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're both moving out because we lost the house to short sale. The tools are community property the same as her jewelry and stuff. I think things will even out just fine. As for custody, she is probably gonna put up a fight but the law is fairly specific about how it is arranged.

Now a days the father has the same rights for custody as the mother...
Where ever the child is going to school and whomever has the stable job and household is generally who is granted physical custody.
Twenty years ago I went thru a divorce and was granted custody of 3 year old son...
I went the extra mile to ensure I was granted custody.
A suggestion for you...; look into Parenting Classes which the Courts views as you attempting to be the best you can be for your child.

Sooner or later you will be going in front of a Court appointed Mediator. As much as your EX may aggrevate you; stay calm and dont sling mud.. Just talk about what is best for your child. The mediator will appreciate that !!!!
Be prepared for your EX to take you back to court over the next several
years; mine did... which overtime was what did her in for the court system.
If you have questions; feel free to contact me....

Good Luck...
Dylan will need you more then ever... interesting idea the parenting classes.
Hang in there...
Like Scott said... the phone doesn't work at his pad... probably not in Tr. Haven either... :D

The Mayor

Congrats on the beginning of the rest of your life, John! Let me know if there's anything I can help with, and hang in there and rise above any sh!tstorms =).

And Santa, you crack me up!

Been there John, yeah it's a bit like getting your testicles dragged behind a semi in the middle of summer, but eventually it heals and you go on living, with some kick ass war stories

John, you know your a good friend to me and im glad to hear the balls is rolling on this. It can be difficult at times when the mother uses the child against you but keep your cool man. Going to court sucks but its something that has to be done. The Judges now a days look at whats in the best interest of the child and in CA they want both parents to be a part of the childs like. Worst case scenario you will get 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend of the month. If you are available during the week let them know so that they give you more time with your son. Wish you well sir and if you wanna hang and have some carne asada let me know. You know i know how to make some goo carne asada. I can make delicious Guacamole tambien. Hang in there friend!

Does anybody know a family law attorney who offers a free consultation? She ordered up an emergency hearing for custody and support. :banghead:

Unfortunately its typical. Its nothing set in stone but its something that the other person does. Dont sweat it man, talk to a lawyer and be cool. Look for self help info within your courts.

Back