• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Mountain 1/20

FYI Gold mountain is covered in snow... Here some pics from some other jeepers on another board
102_1116.jpg

bigbear0000-20.jpg

yeah that was yesterday, it was nice but a bit cold, on my way there in the morning my outside temp guage was reading 0 until about 9:00 then at around noon it was 14 or so, we were makin tracks in the fresh powder all day.

xjkevin said:
yeah that was yesterday, it was nice but a bit cold, on my way there in the morning my outside temp guage was reading 0 until about 9:00 then at around noon it was 14 or so, we were makin tracks in the fresh powder all day.

How deep was it on the backside of the mountain, going down? I was there right after Christmas and there was about 3 or 4 inches. I read that some areas of Big Bear got 6+ inches this past week. There is also a good chance of snow on Wed - Fri of this next week.

there was 6''+ in some areas it was so ?powdery? is that a word that you couldnt even make a snowball, heres a coulple of pics first is exiting gold mtn turning left on 3n16
102_1133.jpg

this one is on little bear, even more snow
102_1135-1.jpg

As things stand right now I WON'T be making this run on Saturday.

Don't let that stop YOU from going.

Well then...who IS going???

I'll be there. And a TJ friend is going. And Mike (ruggedjeep) is in with his XJ and a Yota.

Prater? Rollins? Who else?

xjohnnyc said:
Well then...who IS going???

I'll be there. And a TJ friend is going. And Mike (ruggedjeep) is in with his XJ and a Yota.

Prater? Rollins? Who else?

I will know for sure tomorrow.

karstic said:
We'll have to see what the cardiologist says today.

What could be better for the heart than some cool, crisp, clean mountain air????

Seriously, I hope things go OK with you at the doctor.

I'm planning on going (might be leading eh Stephan?). Not sure if I am going to drive up Sat morning or find a place and spend Friday night up there after work.

Back