• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to Death Valley Labor Day Weekend + 1 week beyond - want to come along?

4wheelsgood

NAXJA Forum User
My brother and I are taking my XJ to Death Valley for a week beginning Labor Day weekend, returning to Nor Cal the following Friday.

I have a rather pretty and mostly stock 88 Cherokee (2" spacer lift, 30" tires) that I have no interest in beating up. We are going for the scenery and solitude, not for an extreme 4-wheeling experience.

But we will be going far enough off the beaten path in some pretty remote areas served by rather "interesting" dirt roads, where it would be very bad to break down or get stuck alone. (That is why they call it "Death" valley.)

So if anyone is interested in doing some exploring and tent camping around Death Valley, drop me a line. We would like to visit some of the historic places like Bodie (on the way), Cerro Gordo, Ballarat, Hunter Mountain/Lost Burro Mine, etc. The itinerary is still mostly open, except for the starting and ending days.
All who enjoy a laid-back good time are welcome.

Wish I could, you should check out Pannamint Valley, it has lots of great spots to wheel, even for the stock rigs.

PV_0638.jpg

Death Valley in the back ground.

I hope your AC works!
It was 93 when I was in Panamint Valley last month, probably 100+ out there now.

Back