• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going From 4.5" Lift To 6.5"?

Kingkong0192

NAXJA Forum User
I've always wanted 6.5" of lift on my Jeep. That's my ultimate goal.

Anyways, i have the 4.5" Rough Country Long Arm lift kit currently installed. I know there are a lot of way to get that extra 2" of lift, but i want to do it professionally and not hacked together. (ie; blocks & coil spacers.)

Does anyone know if the long arms on the 4.5" and 6.5" are the same lenght? I think the only thing that differs between the 4.5" & 6.5" lift is the rear 2" shackles and the front 6.5" coils.

If i were to get 6.5" coils and two inch drop shackles in the rear (i would get a full 6.5" leaf pack, but i've read that drop shackles make your jeep flex better.) would that essentially give me 6.5" of lift?

I know at this point i will be forced to install a sye. (I have a 242 and already have an IRO Hack N' Tap) on hand just haven't installed it.

For steering i have the Currie HD steering. I think it's good for 6". Would that extra .5" really matter? I have an 8.25 in the rear, and a HP D30 in the front.

My trackbar is an IRO Double Shear that will adjust up to 8" of lift. Will i need a dropped pitman arm?

Am i missing anything?

Oh, and i should mention - As soon as my 32x11.5x15s tread their last tread i'm going with 35x12.5x15s.

Last edited:
id highly sugest staying at 4.5", with that being said id sugest some shackle relocation boxes for the rear and some small shackles(.75" or1" getting 6.5" coils for thr frt(i have a set for sale) theres no need for a drop pitman arm at 6.5 unless you need to match the track bar angles, then theres longer shocks and maybee brake lines

id highly sugest staying at 4.5", with that being said id sugest some shackle relocation boxes for the rear and some small shackles(.75" or1" getting 6.5" coils for thr frt(i have a set for sale) theres no need for a drop pitman arm at 6.5 unless you need to match the track bar angles, then theres longer shocks and maybee brake lines

Let me ask this then;

Is there any way to get more flex at 4.5" of lift? As i stated i've read that a full leaf in the rear doesn't flex as well as like a 4.5" full pack with a 2" drop shackle. I was thinking along the lines of more lift = more flex. (which i know isn't always true.)

I guess for some reason drop shackles allow for more flex.

Here's my main question;

Is there any way to get more flex at 4.5" of lift without emptying your savings account?

4.5 inches of lift....

IMG_20130302_165210_zps5afbf2c5.jpg

IMG_20130302_135631_zps32f37e4a.jpg

More lift dosent mean more flex...

What reaf leaf spring set up do you have?

Last edited:
Let me ask this then;

Is there any way to get more flex at 4.5" of lift? As i stated i've read that a full leaf in the rear doesn't flex as well as like a 4.5" full pack with a 2" drop shackle. I was thinking along the lines of more lift = more flex. (which i know isn't always true.)

I guess for some reason drop shackles allow for more flex.

Here's my main question;

Is there any way to get more flex at 4.5" of lift without emptying your savings account?
are you running stock shackles? id look into some shckle relocation boxes from hd offroad and some small shackles like rustys .75" shackles or stock mj shackle

5" DPG leafs, home made shackle boxes and .75" shackles

00327.JPG

00234.JPG

pioc was over a year ago when everything was new, now that its all broken in i get a little more droop

Alright here is exactly what i'm running;

Rough Country 4.5" Long Arm Lift Kit.

I'm running BFG KM2s 32x11.5x15.

This consists of;

4.5" Full Leaf Pack In Rear. (Stock Shackles.)
4.5" coils in the front, and obviously the long arms from rough country.

That's it for the lift. I also have this though;

Currie HD Steering
IRO Double Shear Track Bar

I just want more flex, and am unsure on how to do this. My fenders are trimmed as well.

id start out with eiter .75" rustys shackles or 1" jks boomerang shackles

Alright so for the rear i need to replace the stock shackle bracket with a .75" Rustys shackle?

That will raise my rear like an inch, so how would i level that out in the front? .75" coil spacer or no?

Alright so for the rear i need to replace the stock shackle bracket with a .75" Rustys shackle?

That will raise my rear like an inch, so how would i level that out in the front? .75" coil spacer or no?

You need to add a slightly longer shackle so it will better utilize your leaves and will give you a better ride. and that add a spacer to the front if needed. I'm not a fan of Rustys and would go for BDS or JKS boomerang shacles which are arould .75/1 inch total

Back