• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

goin up to 5.5, what else do i need?!

Seee the wheels start turning and the vicious cycle starts. I traveled down this road. Whatever you do, figure out where you want your jeep at, and spend the money and time once. Over 4.5 and 33's angles really start changing, and parts really become weaker.

Seee the wheels start turning and the vicious cycle starts. I traveled down this road. Whatever you do, figure out where you want your jeep at, and spend the money and time once. Over 4.5 and 33's angles really start changing, and parts really become weaker.

exactly. but i want my rig to be sittin at 6in longarms and 35s but the money aint there. im just gonna keep it at 4.5 to 5..thats my mindset..4.5, 5 is .5 away, then at 5, 5.5 is just .5 away. and it keeps going but then for .5 of lift parts need to change and shit.

you can always stay at 4.5 period. i wouldnt go higher. if you stay at 4.5 start trimming, you'll fit 35's. put your hard earned money and time into axles, nice soft leaf springs, long arm upgrade, better drive shafts, better steering. look at ACTION FABS build thread, nice and low, big tire, plenty of clearance and it goes plenty of places.

de34cb58-c2bd-4007-9457-a3ead85b390f

This is mine with re 5.5" coils. Add a leafs in the back, some 2" shackles I made, no slip yoke eliminator, RC control arm drop brackets, adjustable arms, disconnected brake lines, adjustable track bar, and rear sway bars on, 35s, and 4:88s and trimmed fenders. No rubbing at all. I've even still got 3" shocks. Lol I'm saving up for some remote reservoirs. Made the Transfer case drop kit for $5. I think the 5.5" and 35s looks the best personally.

Last edited:
One more thing, before you buy anything, go to amazon. Type in "Rubicon Express" Everything they have on amazon is cheaper. Ordered my coil springs new for $88 shipped. Came in Rubicon express box too. Things are a lot cheaper on their amazon account.

picture for ref.

6" short arm rustys ( going long arm asap ) 33's, 4:88, locked front and rear. made my own transfer case drop ( have cad file if anyone needs it for water jet ) and tons of steering issues. stock steering drag link tre's bind. prob wont at 4.5" lift.

im going with the ruffstuff 1ton steering and ruffstuff panhard bar kit next week for 500ish new. i can let you know how that goes.

i think im going to go lower and do some more trimming.

Wow! Cutting fenders to fit bigger tires is half ass? News to me.

well, yourwelcome for fillin you in on some news. dont take it to heart when i say its halfass. if you actually read the ****in post. youll see that he said that i dont need anything for a lift, just a sawzall. i dont need no dam sawzall. everyone ****ing says that shit and its so ****ing annoying. i want to lift my body, not just hack my shit up to fit bigger tires. cause thats all that trimming fenders does. gives you more clearence to fit bigger tires and more room to flex. i hate people that see a question and instantly answer by saying sawzall, STFU. i want to ADD LIFT! i rather add lift and stay on 31s then trim fenders just to fit bigger tires.

well, yourwelcome for fillin you in on some news. dont take it to heart when i say its halfass. if you actually read the ****in post. youll see that he said that i dont need anything for a lift, just a sawzall. i dont need no dam sawzall. everyone ****ing says that shit and its so ****ing annoying. i want to lift my body, not just hack my shit up to fit bigger tires. cause thats all that trimming fenders does. gives you more clearence to fit bigger tires and more room to flex. i hate people that see a question and instantly answer by saying sawzall, STFU. i want to ADD LIFT! i rather add lift and stay on 31s then trim fenders just to fit bigger tires.

Just a heads up - your attitude, as expressed in this post, is going to get you onto a lot of people's shit list on this forum. Even if you disagree with what somebody says, even if you think they are being a dumbass or even if you are pissed with them -- try to be polite. Think of the message board as being your front yard. How would you treat well intentioned dumbasses in your front yard?
Or maybe that's a bad example.
Try "In front of the police station" or whatever gets you to be polite.

Back