• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest?

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
Date?
I need to set travel to Mugu so I can try again.

John

Thanks for that info. Mark (sidewaysstarion) has said that I should really make the time to come out this year, since I've never been and it's apparently a blast. Personally, I really need to start using my rig now that I have motor that isn't constantly producing metal shavings.... What am I in for this year? I know the wind is pretty terrible, so my tent will probably fold over while I'm "sleeping" in it.

Thanks for that info. Mark (sidewaysstarion) has said that I should really make the time to come out this year, since I've never been and it's apparently a blast. Personally, I really need to start using my rig now that I have motor that isn't constantly producing metal shavings.... What am I in for this year? I know the wind is pretty terrible, so my tent will probably fold over while I'm "sleeping" in it.

ive seen wind, a lake (where there was a dry lake bed), snow, 100*+, all the rain forrest gump talked about, and normal kick ass weather. prepare for everything!

hell bring out a car and catch a passenger seat.

dont get hooked on the juice mark serves.
dont let Geoff the jerk or his dad take your car for a spin around the lakebed at night.

Just bring sushi and beer.

Don't try to drink a beer while riding shotgun with Ben. It'd probably be best to leave the sushi at camp too, or you might just put an eye out with a chopstick.

ive seen wind, a lake (where there was a dry lake bed), snow, 100*+, all the rain forrest gump talked about, and normal kick ass weather. prepare for everything!
hell bring out a car and catch a passenger seat.
dont get hooked on the juice mark serves.
dont let Geoff the jerk or his dad take your car for a spin around the lakebed at night.

All great advice. I tried a single red solo cup of Mark's leftover jungle juice and I had a pretty good buzz going on... That's some awesome stuff.

Cool, well I'm looking forward to this!

We can get cracker a goat costume

If he hasnt gotten fat I have a Vietnam era Ghillie suit standing by for him at WARCOM. Its been airing out for 3 years in the rafters.

Will that do?

John

OISK-font-b-Billy-b-font-font-b-Goat-b-font-Mascot-font-b-Costume-b.jpg

I'll probably show up this year........since we've been going for nearly 20 years. Always a good time. :cheers:

Unfortunately, Goatfest isn't in the cards for me this year. Noah was even willing to trailer Gomer down, since he wanted to come.

We have a concrete deck and walkway being poured at the house, and I want to be home for that. I'm not even sure if they'll be done before we leave for PSR for Thanksgiving.

David Bricker / SYR

I'll probably show up this year........since we've been going for nearly 200 years...

Richard, ya get the new gears and lockers in yer Hoveround finished yet?

Just asking.

Johnson Valley weekend before Thanksgiving. I have camp coordinates somewhere, nudge me on FB, or Pm me here (or text me).

This is not an official event, it is just a random gathering of friends that seems to happen every year. But there will usually be three or four different runs that take off Saturday morning, of various levels

Back