• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Go Fast Go anywhere build

b8fb3f6f-94e2-90bc.jpg

Welding finished on the little ole Dana 30
b8fb3f6f-953d-62f8.jpg

I thought it would be beefy enough, oh well, I'll just plate it up a bit.
The bar is just tacked so I can set the adjust after I cycle everything.

Thanks but the block didn't survive so I found a rebuildable short block.
I agree it is to far from the mount without support.
If you plate it you can add a double shear from the bottom to the outer platting you do like a gusset.
Looks great, I especially like the trans cooler fan shroud. I'm adding a Deraille now. Where are you going to put it? I was thinking, for me, to attach it to the hood, under the hood with the fan sucking through the engine compartment and blowing out the vents. If room is limited I'd cowl it or locate a fiberglass after market one that would allow the space needed.

Last edited:
I agree it is to far from the mount without support.
If you plate it you can add a double shear from the bottom to the outer platting you do like a gusset.
Looks great, I especially like the trans cooler fan shroud. I'm adding a Deraille now. Where are you going to put it? I was thinking, for me, to attach it to the hood, under the hood with the fan sucking through the engine compartment and blowing out the vents. If room is limited I'd cowl it or locate a fiberglass after market one that would allow the space needed.

I will be double shearing this after hearing the advice and looking at other peoples XJ's. So stay tuned for how I do that.

That will be the 2nd cooler and I am going to run it right behind the transfer case. It tucks up just enough. I'll have pictures this weekend.

Back