• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glassworks Fenders Part II (pics)

Lol. I agee with Andy, it'll make u afraid. But peer pressure usually takes care of that.

silverslk said:
So, I have to ask........

Why put something on your jeep if it makes you afraid to wheel it?????
it doesnt make me afraid to wheel it, it makes my nervous about how much its going to cost when i finally break one.

tcm glx said:
Lol. I agee with Andy, it'll make u afraid. But peer pressure usually takes care of that.

I'm not picking on you Jim. Don't get defensive, I was merely asking. It seems counter productive to what we do as jeepers. We add bigger tires to climb over bigger things and when those things get harder to climb we add bigger lifts to climb over more bigger things, when those things get harder to climb we add lockers and so on and so forth. You won't ALWAYS drive home with the same rig you left the house with unless you are KOBII (King of Bypasses) and I know you aren't.

Tony, I guess you should know, is this something you grow out of after you have had them a while and you just wheel? I remember you were worried on time in the notch but never heard anything again.

GrimmJeeper said:
it doesnt make me afraid to wheel it, it makes my nervous about how much its going to cost when i finally break one.

I'll give you that but why worry about the cost of damaging a fender if you aren't worried about breaking an axle much more.......:confused: I have seen you on your jeep a few times Mike and you could have done way more costly damage (and more labor intensive) than a fender......we all do.

silverslk said:
I'll give you that but why worry about the cost of damaging a fender if you aren't worried about breaking an axle much more.......:confused: I have seen you on your jeep a few times Mike and you could have done way more costly damage (and more labor intensive) than a fender......we all do.
ive only really gone out rock crawling 4 times... 2 years in a row in bigbear and 2 times to cleghorn. its not my thing. im not really afraid of breaking my fenders because if i break a fender doing the wheeling i like to do (hauling ass in the desert) something else has gone horribly wrong. thats why I have my glass. if i did alot of crawling then yes, i would be scared.

BUT i did tap my fender pretty good in the vnotch on cleg last january, and it held up fine.

zip ties fix all right Mike? God knows you have enough under your seats to put back together a few fenders:D

GrimmJeeper said:
ive only really gone out rock crawling 4 times... 2 years in a row in bigbear and 2 times to cleghorn. its not my thing. im not really afraid of breaking my fenders because if i break a fender doing the wheeling i like to do (hauling ass in the desert) something else has gone horribly wrong. thats why I have my glass. if i did alot of crawling then yes, i would be scared.

BUT i did tap my fender pretty good in the vnotch on cleg last january, and it held up fine.

hellbilly04 said:
zip ties fix all right Mike? God knows you have enough under your seats to put back together a few fenders:D
they make good tourniquets too if you pull em tight enough... and good handcuffs for when somebody gets too rowdy around the camp fire :D

silverslk said:
I'm not picking on you Jim. Don't get defensive, I was merely asking. It seems counter productive to what we do as jeepers. We add bigger tires to climb over bigger things and when those things get harder to climb we add bigger lifts to climb over more bigger things, when those things get harder to climb we add lockers and so on and so forth. You won't ALWAYS drive home with the same rig you left the house with unless you are KOBII (King of Bypasses) and I know you aren't.

Tony, I guess you should know, is this something you grow out of after you have had them a while and you just wheel? I remember you were worried on time in the notch but never heard anything again.

Yeah, u grow out of it, primarily for me because after a while, its like oh weel, they have been on there for a year or two now, versus when they are fresh out the paint booth.

Back