• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glamis Dunes Video

CommandoXJ96 said:
I posted this under the SoCal and AZ chapter forums but I figured more people could enjoy it here :) jumping, racing, girls... didnt get any good shots of riding the sand dunes, so ill do that next time im out. Its about 16 minutes long and starts off sorta slow, but i've been told its quite entertaining.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8904306618550613841&hl=en
Except for the lack of many girls I was quite impressed. Good work Dan!

CommandoXJ96 said:
you have to remember that I was still on crutches for that entire weekend as well... I wasnt going to move far from my groups vehicles to find more chicks, what was close was better :)
Why were you on crutches?

Sweet video. Hope someday I get the chance to go.

I miss having sand toys but don't think I would ever be caught at Glamis on Thanksgiving.

Just looks like a riot, wreck, murder, waiting to happen.

DrMoab said:
I miss having sand toys but don't think I would ever be caught at Glamis on Thanksgiving.

Just looks like a riot, wreck, murder, waiting to happen.

Looks like a riot, wreck, murder and lots of fun waiting to happen to me... I wouldn't have my rig out there on thanksgiving... just my me.

lowrange2 said:
Looks like a riot, wreck, murder and lots of fun waiting to happen to me... I wouldn't have my rig out there on thanksgiving... just my me.
It's funny I used to be into the big crowd thing but anymore I like to have space around me.

I think it would be even more that way if I had a 100K worth of sandrail there.

If someone hit me in a ride like that...I think the wreck would cause a riot that would end in murder. :D

DrMoab said:
It's funny I used to be into the big crowd thing but anymore I like to have space around me.

I think it would be even more that way if I had a 100K worth of sandrail there.

If someone hit me in a ride like that...I think the wreck would cause a riot that would end in murder. :D

lol Yeah I still can't believe the lack of saftey out there... People were hauling ass out there!

its "organized chaos" :D

the only people that get hit are the ones that arent paying attention and drive like aholes. most of the people that get hurt are quads and bikes not looking before they go tearing across traffic.

GrimmJeeper said:
its "organized chaos" :D

the only people that get hit are the ones that arent paying attention and drive like aholes. most of the people that get hurt are quads and bikes not looking before they go tearing across traffic.

Agreed completeley. I have spent many many weekends out in the Buttercup\Gordons Well area. Yes most people haul ass around the dunes but safety is considered by most people. There is always a few bad apples in every bunch.

yeah, i dont spend all day at the drags/in the big crowds at the bottom of hills (i prefer the tops of hills where the BRO's in their Ford PooperDutys can't make it haha). The drags can get pretty crazy and you'll see an accident or something, but I've never seen a fatality on the drags - though I have seen a rhino flip killing a girl in Gordons, and I've seen a couple nasty accidents along the sand highway and on the double by olds that required heli-vac.

I drive the red cherokee that was hauling it down the drags, but I try and avoid driving the strip if it gets too crazy; if you follow or are followed (passed) by the fast rails you cant see crap! and thats when it can get scary. that or when theres a bunch of bikes/quads; im paranoid that someone could drop their bike on the drags and they're harder to see then a truck/rail as it is...

Back