• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Give gas, but doesnt move in 4 low, otherwise fine...TC case???

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
I was wheeling in some rocks and when I was in 4-low against a boulder nothing happened, no wheels spun...nothing

i shifted into 4 high and all was OK, 2 HI was good too

does this mean my TC is shot or is my tranny going bad

Were you in 4 low?

If you tried to shift in the middle of the trail, you probably didn't get the lever all the way back to physically shift the transfer case.

You need to get it in neutral, pull back and over and feel it click.

If it still doesn't work, I would just look at adjusting the cable. If 4 high works, your chain is intact and if 2 high works, you know the mainshaft is good.

Agree, adjust the linkage.

Pull the console, put the lever in 4lo with a 3mm (1/8") shim (drill bit) between the lever and the rear shiftgate, then hold the lever and shim in place against the gate with a bungee cord.

Crawl under, loosen the linkage adjusting bolt, then using a pry bar or large channel locks make sure the tc is fully shifted into 4lo, then tighten up the adjusting bolt and put everything back together, you are done.

Back