• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting my xj

xjrspratleyxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey my name is rob and i live in middletown new york, I found a 1996 cherokee country for 500 i offered 250 and the guy said yea. it needs ball joints on the left side an exhaust and tires, just to be road worthy other than that it seems solid. If anyone has stuff they want to donate (LOL) that would be great. see ya all later:cool:

welcome man

ill donate anything you see here

5044345505_c9b7b9b303_z.jpg

exhaust? lol.... that thing looks shot, literally, where are you, maybe i can come pick through it and see if there is anything good.....

yea my dad lives up by a couple out of the way places, that not to many people hit, im gonna go hit those up here, the ones around here are picked clean and expensive. but yea when i get it ill post pics. but im plannin a 3.5 inch lift. with the f150 springs and the rear bastard pack. i believ some on told me they come geared with 4.10. thats pretty nice. Got the old bullet proof I6, I'm definitley gonna do the whole jeep in bedliner though. The entire body. I am lookin for a set of cheap d windows 15x8. I only wanna run like 32 or 33" tires. and I am gonna beat it like a rented mule. the last one i had i couldnt kill, and i tried. anyways ill post pics when i get it.

I believe the only cherokee's that come with the 4.10's are the manual V6 and automatic I4 models, someone correct me if I'm wrong. My guess is yours might have the 3.55 or 3.73 gears.

Either way, for the cost your paying for it, the gear ratio doesnt really matter. Good luck trying to find you're parts tho!

I believe the only cherokee's that come with the 4.10's are the manual V6 and automatic I4 models, someone correct me if I'm wrong. My guess is yours might have the 3.55 or 3.73 gears.

Either way, for the cost your paying for it, the gear ratio doesnt really matter. Good luck trying to find you're parts tho!

Wrong.

I saw 3.73s in a V6 manual (Couldn't remember if it was a 4 speed or a 5 speed)

4.10s came in 2.5/AX4s.

4.56s came in 2.5/AW4s.

it says the countrys come with the 4.1:1 axle ratio isnt that 4.10's?

Never seen or heard of one like that.

i was just readin the stock specs off the computer, ill find out more once i actually get it here, tryin to save money doing a cheaper but decent lift, so i can build a stroker in my kitchen over the winter.

That is one way of notating 4.10 gears. However, as far as I know, an XJ with 4.0 and automatic trans came from the factory with 3.55 gears in the axles. 4.0+Manual trans came with 3.07 gears.

You can check axle ratio by lifting one tire while in neutral (and the other tires blocked well), and seeing how many driveshaft rotations you get for one tire rotation.

Is this thing completely stock? If so, I'd consider it unlikely that a 4.0-equipped XJ came from the factory with 4.10 gears (a 4-cyl country edition in that model year might have).

Rob

it may be a four cylinder, i havent gone to look at it, its from a friend of mine ill ask him. if it is a four, its gonnna need something bigger lol

another way to find out is to take the vin to a jeep dealer ship and ask them to give you a print out of the options it cane with. that will include gear ratios, axles, the lot.

Almost positive that all Country's came with the 4.0 standard, 4x4 optional. Get rid of as much rust as you can, then build it. Post some pictures when you get it!

basically its just the rockers that are rusty, not to much rust anywhere else. not gonna worry about the rockers, they are gonna get replaced with something a little more solid.

well i keep findingbetter deals, i found a 2door 92 laredo with a 5spd, gonna go look at it and see the details, i think im gonna go withthis one........

Yeah man 92 laredo's are sweet. the classy chrome trim, grey cloth interior even on the doors. pretty rare for it to be a laredo and a 2dr/ 5 spd. I think 92 was the last year of the laredo actually, because in 93 the Grand took that trim name.

Back