• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting More Energy

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I have noticed in the past couple of months, that I have lost alot of my energy that I once had. (I am 23 years old) I wake up in the morning still dead tired and I get really sleepy around 9:30 -10:00 at night now. I can usually go out once in a while on friday or saturday night and stay out till 2-3 in the morning and I am fine, but during the week, its rediculous.
What do you guys do to gain more energy? Is it as simple as taking supplements/vitamins?

Lay off the sugar & late night snacking.
I had that problem in college, stopped drinking soda (well to a point, not all out avoidance) and cut back on the snacks. Doing that alone seemed to help me a bunch (I generally don't take vitamins).

Lay off the sugar & late night snacking.
I had that problem in college, stopped drinking soda (well to a point, not all out avoidance) and cut back on the snacks. Doing that alone seemed to help me a bunch (I generally don't take vitamins).

I have REALLY cut back on sodas...I maybe have 3-4 a week. I do tend to snack and eat late, but I am trying to also put on weight, so I am drinking milk and trying to eat as much protein as I can and I tend to work out late at night and then eat something beofre I go to bed.

I don't drink coffee, I do have the occasional energy drink from time to time. I tend to drink alot of water during the day and try to eat stuff high in protein throughout the day.

I don't know if I just need to force myself to stay up late and awaken earlier or what....

Have you been to the doctor? There are a few things that manifest themselves as general tiredness, mono being one.
You should try to make sure to get at least 8 hours. I know you think you can manage on less but the sleep deprivation does add up.

I do tend to snack and eat late, but I am trying to also put on weight, so I am drinking milk and trying to eat as much protein as I can and I tend to work out late at night and then eat something beofre I go to bed.

There's one problem right there. Don't work out or eat closer than 2 hours to going to bed. You won't get a good night's sleep if you do.

Do you snore?

If you think it is bad now, wait until you are 60.

Beat me to it...I was gonna suggest crack.

Maybe get some Red Balls. Talk to Tyrone about them...

hot steeped bean water!

I've heard of Red Bull and blue balls, but never Red Balls.
Like I said, you got to talk to Tyrone about them.
Tyrone_Biggums.jpg

Climb some stairs.

When you get to the top you'll have gotten some exercise... and some energy, of the potential variety. U = mgh

Back