• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge customization for 97+ XJs

I like #2 and #3.
Whatever you do I want the oil pressure and fuel gauge to have the 1/4 hash marks.

Once you think you have the bugs worked out I will still offer up our 01 as testbed.
I did go bac and look and think I mis spoke earlier about them being different.

I like #2 and #3.
Whatever you do I want the oil pressure and fuel gauge to have the 1/4 hash marks.

Once you think you have the bugs worked out I will still offer up our 01 as testbed.
I did go bac and look and think I mis spoke earlier about them being different.

i would be happy to offer up our 2000 as well.... where it says "jeep xj" will you be able to put custom titles?

Ive got a few people in line that I will offer these discounted as beta testers (with free reprints as needed to dial them in 100%) and will pick up a fe people on NAXJA as well.

Ive got to tweak some graphics and send the files out to a company that will test their die cutter with my materials to make sure they can keep the precision needed for aligning the holes and pins correctly. That should take about a week.

With my older equipment Im going to be testing out a cluster this week and make sure it can get my in the right direction, and then start out the beta testing.

Thanks for your support guys! The kudos and reads on the threads keep my attention on the project (as much as possible with a sick and newly pregnant wife) and i will see this though before spring!

Getting closer.... Yes, the speedo (and a few others) needs moved over just a hair. This was the 3rd cut and I only adjusted for where the holes are, not for the print, that I can do tomorrow. Those are 2 different CF backgrounds, which i think I will keep as an option.

548387d1358836690-making-new-gauges-newer-xjs-anything-else-runs-4-0-after-97-20130122_013516.jpg

Progress!

Ive got the cut template adjusted. Got the prints adjusted, and a set of those is coming out of the printer right now:
394940_495174307190551_498033783_n.jpg

Sent off some files to the good folks at Accugraphics to test on of their machines, and if all goes according to plan, I'll empty out my bank account (filled from sales of my other gauges) and then buy one of their spiffy cutters. :) Nothing is done on credit folks, its all about saving and making... and then investing to save and make some more.

Dark shots, taken in my office, hooked up to a power supply.

Naked:
Dsc_4105.jpg

Stock:
Dsc_4106.jpg

Layer 1:

Dsc_4107.jpg

Layer 2:

Dsc_4108.jpg

Surround:
Dsc_4109.jpg

Lens (kinda dusty):

Dsc_4110.jpg

And here you can see why they arent lined up just right and why I sent of a cut sample this morning... ugg. To cut this material right, it takes 4 light cuts, right on top of each other. Sometimes it works, most times it does this. Sucks, because there is material and printing down the drain :( New machine we are looking at can do it in 1 pass.

Dsc_4111.jpg

Nice job. They look like they will freshen up a dash nicely.

Our machine just came in. Ive been out sick, so it has been sitting here waiting to be unboxed and running.

Tonight will be for calibration, after a stop at my mom's to drop off some valentines day goodies. Then we can get to final testing of the templates.

Soooo close, I can smell the finished model. :yelclap:

Are there going to be ones without the carbon fiber or diamond plate look? Like just plain black? Other than that i'm liking these and would definitely be interested in your product.

Yes, I plan on doing all 3. Maybe another pattern, like digital camo. But not going to go crazy with it. Black works fine, just takes some extra handling to keep it looking good in the pictures when installing, for now :) Ive got a handle on working that out.

Yes, I plan on doing all 3. Maybe another pattern, like digital camo. But not going to go crazy with it. Black works fine, just takes some extra handling to keep it looking good in the pictures when installing, for now :) Ive got a handle on working that out.

Awesome, looking forward to the finished product.

Got 2 new photos up. The cut template with the new machine is 100%. The print template needs tweaked to fit the new cut template. In person they look awesome, but I may be biased.

295515_508941699147145_1526469440_n.jpg

558050_508945015813480_1885800562_n.jpg

As I said before, trying to keep up with all the forums, but can reach most of you by hitting facebook up first. Would appreciate the likes if you are on there :)

https://www.facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks

(Got to charge up the good camera, these were taken with the phone that just got run over the other day.)

Looking for a beta tester from NAXJA to round out my first test group. Who would be interested? Looking for someone who is not adverse to installing these (requires needle removal) and answering questions as well as working with us if any changes are made. Im offering a set, shipped on me, at a steep discount (enough to cover some of the materials).

PM me if you are interested.

Just another teaser pic. Orders are going out for the betas this week, thank you to the group here at JF who are working with me.

Machine cutting is having... issues, but the manufacturer is working double-time to get them going. It just means production goes slower, as I need to send make these 1 at a time, instead of doing a batch.

Here is a sample of how the lighting looks...... Install vid coming this week for everyone.

DSC_4112%255B1%255D.JPG

2 questions-

What is the arrow up/house looking symbol indicate in the top right corner?
What is the circle/?key with line thru it symbol in upper left corner?

Back