• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas tank skid build

i never think to sell crap i find i usually just sit on it till i have a use. ill go out there this weekend.
Just pull the whole axle. Might be easier. Not sure on the install procedures for Warn hubs vs gears.

whats confusing on that?

I was only vaguely aware that Warn made a D30 lockout.

The shafts are all interchangable, so you won't have a problem there.

But honestly, I'm not really sure how the lockouts work. With the inside of the unibearing splined to accept the axleshaft, you're going to have to replace one or the other to unlock em.

If it's the bearings that are different, the 91s aren't going to work on your 98.

If it's the axleshaft that's different, I'd be reluctant to install something I couldn't readily get a spare for.

I'll agree with both MudButt and Darky: Pull the whole axle, and sell it for five times what you paid.

Robert

maze-1.gif
Only two wheels are depicted in this picture. Clearly it is a bicycle.

i looked into building my own until JCR Offroad had a sale on theirs. that made for a no-brainer decision. ordered it up & powder coated it to match my JCR transfer case skid. they both fit perfectly & are more than heavy duty.

sorry guys im keeping the axle its a 44 and it had the 8.8 in it as well but someone already took that! picked the whole axle up for $60. $50 for the axle and ten for the guy to haul it out husing his loader.

sorry guys im keeping the axle its a 44...

That's kinda what I was wondering about...

You'd probably still be better off selling it. A front 44, ready to bolt into an XJ, should bring some respectable coin around here.

Robert

well see i got to do some research on it and see if its a good option for me to swap out or not. if its good for some its got to be good for me too. im just pissed cause by the time i got back out there he had already sold the rear axle, transfercase and the lift kit that was on it..
some farm boy out here rolled it into the local diversion ditch and drowned it lol said it would cost too much to fix so he sold it to the jy for $500 and trade on some old truck he had rebuilt to running condition.

Back