• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Tank Size

How come I can only fill up about 17 gallons in my 2000 when you all say that my tank is 20.2 gallons. I also didn't think that my gas guage worked. I ran out of gas and filled it up with one a gallon jug. I still only filled up 16 or 17 gallons. I'm only getting 12 miles per gallon. I also just replaced my front o2 sensor like the code reader said (at autozone) well my light is still on reading the same code.

any help would help...:)

I have 255/70/16 on my 2000 classic. There's some minor rubbing on the control arms (I think) when I have to turn real sharp such as getting into a tight parking space.

I run 235/75R15 and I get 350-375Miles per Tanks (~17-19.5 Gallons) on My 2001, but I get the same mileage on my 98. Then again its Stock.

Things to check;

O2 Sensor
Trottle Body Mass Sensor (this will drop your mileage from 20MPG down to 10 easily enough).
Catalytic converter glog
Tire Pressure will add a few miles on your consumptions but not 10MPG. 2 at best. bigger tires will cost you more in Gazoline because they weight more.

Beaded rims and 31's are cool, but weight about 45-55lbs a wheels versus stock Xj rims with standard tire that run 35-40 lbs. and this inertia weight costs you every time you "jack rabbit" start your jeep at a light.

Cheers

Back