• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Prices In The SE

I went to one of the gas stations this morning that I couldn't get in last night at around 10:30 and paid 3.57. This was at a gas station downtown which are usually way higher. Now as of an hour ago it is 3.79. When I went back to work across the river(2-3 miles away) the prices ranged from 4.19-4.35. This is absolutely f*ckin ridiculous.

It is extremely ridiculous that people in this country get scared so easily. We (society) are creating this little price hike by our own paranoia....stupid people.

JabosXJ said:
If the people would stop and listen to the news thy were saying that gas was going to be over 5 bucks a gallon by midnight last night

Part of the problem WAS people listening to the news. Everyone decided to rush the stations thinking gas prices were going to almost double. Therefore they rose the price of gas with all of the new consumers in order to meet demand. It wouldn't be nearly as high if it wasn't for ignorance. Gas is 4.14 a gallon in town.

The gas stations can't handle it either. It's just the same as if everybody went to the banks to withdrawl their money all on the same day...it's not designed to handled that much of a load in one day. Everybody going out in a panic and buying gas at the same time only makes things worse.

BruceB83 said:
The gas stations can't handle it either. It's just the same as if everybody went to the banks to withdrawl their money all on the same day...it's not designed to handled that much of a load in one day. Everybody going out in a panic and buying gas at the same time only makes things worse.

You're absolutly right! We need to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. I don't understand why everyone thinks it's going to keep on rising. If everyone didn't rush the pumps they wouldn't have to raise the prices even higher to meet the HUGE demand.

:spam: 20-25% of our gas comes from the gulf region. So, WTF? I mean yes it’s a problem, but just last week when a barrel of oil dropped in price in my quite country town…gas went up 25 cents while it went down everywhere else. Two mile up the road it’s $3.65 and two mile down the road it’s $4.29
:gonnablow

Crude prices have dropped and there is currently a surplus. A surplus of crude causes a drop in price of a barrel of oil. The problem is that none of the crude has been refined into fuel. With no fuel, Colonial pipeline has no product to push up the pipe. Refined fuel is what has increased in value due to lack of supply.

PacificEd said:
Crude prices have dropped and there is currently a surplus. A surplus of crude causes a drop in price of a barrel of oil. The problem is that none of the crude has been refined into fuel. With no fuel, Colonial pipeline has no product to push up the pipe. Refined fuel is what has increased in value due to lack of supply.

Yup

I have full tanks...and i filled up both cars for less than 3.50 one on Thursday night and the other friday afternoon...Although some stations are out of fuel....They brought it on themselves..Price Gougers...

Back