• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas in NC and SC?

Crabapple

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be driving from Winston-Salem, NC to Parris Island, SC this thursday. Here in Greensboro almost every gas station is out and prices are ridiculous. How is it down there? Would I be better off chaulking up 3.96 at the local gas station near my house or hold off till farther down the road?

I don't know for sure in NC/SC, but in Atlanta, you are better off getting out of the city to get gas. The lines are long, where they do actually have gas, and the price is high.
Check gasbuddy.com for prices. If the date reported is current, the station is probably open.

Gas up. There are stations in my area that are out or only have one grade. While others have plenty. Prices are around 3.80's currently.

The stations near my house in Columbia have regular only, limit $50/customer, $3.89/gallon.

The stations near my house in Columbia have regular only, limit $50/customer, $3.89/gallon.

I hear its much worse in the Gville area. Not sure about south and east of us.

Damn looks like my buddy picked a hell of a time to graduate from bootcamp!

Looking at the "gas temperature map" on gasbuddy.com, it looks like Winston Salem is better than Greensboro, but not a lot. The good news is that gas is pretty cheap near the SC coast.

Don't even bother stopping anywhere around the Charlotte region....basically none of the stations have any around here....as fast as the tanker can get it to the station, it's all gone with in an hour later.

here in gaston county, bairly any stores have gas. if they do its limited to $25 @ 3.89 or 5 gallons

in gaston county where i live its like from 3.90 to 4.09, and its hard to find in charlotte, kings mountain and shelby i herd that Sc at the line has gas but not certian

It's getting better here in the Atlanta area. More and more stations are having gas without lines out the wazoo. Even saw it for like $3.87 today!

Whats the deal with gas shortage? With work and school I barely have enough time to check the forums.

Supply, demand and news stations making it worse than it is. Since the power got knocked out at many of the oil refineries, there's been a gas shortage in the SE.

in gaston county where i live its like from 3.90 to 4.09, and its hard to find in charlotte, kings mountain and shelby i herd that Sc at the line has gas but not certian

I work on Carrowinds Blvd. on the SC/NC border on the weekends and it was somewhat spotty this past weekend, however better than everywhere else. Seemed that they had shipments coming in about once a day. The Texaco right off 77 had nothing Sunday morning at 6:30 on my way to work, but around 3:00 that afternoon they had some and about a 5 minute line. Paid $3.75 for it as well.

Seems to be a bit better in SC than in NC. But yes, the media is blowing this out of proportion (as usual) and making it a lot worse than it really needs to be.

3.53 a gallon here in Hilton Head.

3.53 a gallon here in Hilton Head.
That blows. THe cheapest here is 3.66 wtf? Hey if you got time when you head north through florence let me know.

Average here today was between 3.73 and 3.89.....but more importantly, they actually had gas at just about every station I rode past today.

I bet that is because of Savanah. It is a huge port.

Back