• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garmin 255W GPS

WEJOXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at it for my wife (x-mas). I've read through threads and this model seems to have a few things going for it. She just needs something to find her way around town (besides me :)). Anything better at the price point?

Thanks in advance.

I got one off ebay a few months ago, love it! Only gripe is that it doesn't give the smartest routing sometimes... like driving 20 blocks through the city instead of saving 15 minutes by taking the highway an extra 2 miles. Usually only happens for this one section of Philadelphia, though. I liked the interface better than TomTom, the only real competitor. The things that I liked about it were the wider screen (more helpful than you'd expect) and the text-to-speech (instead of "turn left" it says "turn left onto Main Street").

I bought one black friday. Works pretty good, but as said, and with any GPS routing is weird sometimes. Good for those craigslist finds that are always 300 miles away.

Back