• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garage Find Project

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all! Bet you thought I was long gone. Been busy with my new business so not much time for Jeeps and stuff.

I picked up this beauty last weekend from some family friends. It's not mine, but I have been tasked with prepping it to sell. I know the history of this car from day 1. I knew both owners and have documentation about this car.
So, here it is.
1975 Chevy Monte Carlo Landau
400 CID
Auto
Power windows, locks, seats
Cruise Control
A/C
Tilt Wheel
Factory Tinted Windows
In a nut shell-Loaded for a 1975 car.
Here is the best part. 3,700 original miles. It was last registered in 1986. It has always been stored inside. It was never driven in bad weather. This car still smells new inside.

I dropped the fuel tank last night to see what kind of mess 27 year old fuels makes and guess what I found!

That didn't take long: Flores to Monte Carlo like a moth to a flame.

You wouldn't like this car Flores, it doesn't have the chain steering wheel. :)

Get some pristine vette ralley wheels and period correct tires..... then send it to an auto auction like Barrett - Jackson. Or put an ad in the Hemmings Motor News...... avoid the looky-loos from Craig's surfers.

Not my preference for a Monte..... but what a great car and color combo. :thumbup:

I have 2 of the original wheels and 3 of the original hubcaps. They are wire wheel type hub caps. Ugly, but original to the car. The spare is original and he told me the tires on the car when purchased were exactly like the spare. I like the current wheels for the fact they are vintage to the car. Old school American Racing chrome steel. It would be super easy to have this car exactly as it rolled off the assembly line. I did find a vintage look battery for it yesterday. Old school look with new school guts.

No Craigslist for this one. My goal is Barrett-Jackson.

Under hood and interior pics?

I was born in 1975. too bad the car looks like its in better condition.

SAD!

Back